Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

There's no jobs in the only field that interests me

cseshadecseshade Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hi, everyone. I am having a really hard time with this.

I did a lot of graphic design in high school. I enjoy it and everyone is pressuring me to become a graphic designer while I'm on the fence about it. On one hand, I enjoy it, but if I had it as a career I honestly don't know. You have to deal with bad clients all the time, and the pay is terrible.

However, I know that I have a passion for the environment and everything in it. I want to protect it and preserve it. I feel that all life is precious. I've always just felt this weird connection to animals and plants alike, and I'd love to do research out in the field or become a conservation biologist. So if I follow my passions, I'd major in biology with an environmental biology concentration, which the school I'm planning on attending has.

But I've been doing a lot of research, almost all of those jobs require at least a master's. I'm ok with getting an advanced degree but I would just be in so much debt. I'll already be in deep just from undergrad.

So should I follow my passions? I'm really at a loss. Sorry if this is long.

Replies to: There's no jobs in the only field that interests me

This discussion has been closed.