right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Computer Science or Medicine?

GabidbmGabidbm 1 replies4 threadsRegistered User New Member
I love computer science but also medicine, I didn't realize that I liked medicine until a couple weeks ago when I had a small surgery and my doctor started telling me how amazing medicine is. He let me stay with him for a whole day in order to see what a doctor did and I could see myself doing the same thing in the future. Computer Science has always been a passion of mine, and I basically built my college application about it. I love the way Computer Science is a problem-solving career, and also see myself happy with that career in the future. I'm a very outgoing person, love working with others and interacting with people (which is why I would like to study medicine), I'm passionate about technology too, I like programming and did various extracurricular activities about it (being an intern, building websites for non-profits, mentee of computer scientist, etc) but I don't have many extracurricular activities related to medicine (only some community service projects). I know that medicine requires a lot of hours of work and I don't really have trouble with it. I like challenges and solving problems. I have a profound passion to help people, I have so many hours of community service and I always see that doctors help people the most. I don't know whether to study medicine or computer science because I see myself happy in either one of those. Which one should I choose? Is there any career that allows me to interact with patients while also working with computer science?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Computer Science or Medicine?