right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Based off my job aspiration, what should I major in?

QuentinRyan131QuentinRyan131 1 replies2 threads New Member
Hello all!

I have both a passion in environmental sustainability and business management. After studying possibly jobs for both of those passions, I found a specific occupation that I'd love to do: a Chief Sustainability Officer/a Director of Sustainability at a company.

If I were to pursue these passions and attempt to become a CSO, what should I major in undergrad? Environmental Sustainability, Business, or a possible duel/double major of both of them.

(Also if you know about CSO's, do you know how much time it would approximately take to become one?)
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Based off my job aspiration, what should I major in?

• cloud21cloud21 25 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I would think that it would be the most logical to major in business and minor in sustainability. Double majoring would also make sense, but sense the courses wouldn't share many required classes, you might find yourself with 20+ credit hours.
    However, if you only plan on pursuing one path, I think sustainability would be the best. Sure, you're going into business, but I just think a degree in sustainability would stand out more when applying for a related position.

Also, have you considered the management side of architecture? I think that would be a great way to combine your interests.
    · Reply · Share