right arrow
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: 10s4life just graduated from UCLA with a degree in electrical engineering. He'll answer questions about his experience at UCLA or the college admissions process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Jack Cooke Kent Transfer Scholarship 2020-2021

lauramotahlauramotah 9 replies1 threads New Member
Hello! I am new to College confidential, but I wanted a shared space in which we could hopefully help each other to receive this amazing scholarship. I wanted to share my stats and hopefully you guys could share yours as well.

GPA: 3.85 (straight A's except for one class, which was during a traumatic event in my life and received a C, taking the class again to hopefully get GPA back to 4.00)

Work experience: Full Time at a Collision Center (Have been working since I was 18 yrs old to support myself, I come from anti LGBTQ+ family)
Part-Time: McGraw-hill student ambassador
Volunteer: Score-Miami (association of the SBA of Miami, helps young entrepreneurs with free business consulting and mentoring)

My Story: I was sent to Miami from Dominican Republic, my parents don't reside here and communication is minimal if anything. My parents found out I was Bisexual and since then there has been a bunch of issues between my family. I hope that one C does not ruin my year and a half of hard work. I am re-taking the course to hopefully get my stats back to a 4.00.

Rec letters: 1 personal, 1 professional, 2 academic.
Academic: Accounting Professor and Personal effectiveness
Personal: Co-Worker
Professional: Supervisor from Score Miami

Bachelors in Accounting

Schools: University of Miami, University of Florida, and Florida international University.
(if you guys have any recommendations for Accounting schools to check out let me know please!)

edited June 25
3 replies
Post edited by CCAdmin_Vic on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Jack Cooke Kent Transfer Scholarship 2020-2021

• AY99AY99 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Hello!
    I would like to introduce myself by sharing some of my stats.
    Sex: Male
    Race : Black
    College : I am currently enrolled at a community college in Missouri.
    College GPA: 3.91
    Top University choices: Stanford University, Columbia University, WUSTL and CMU.
    Major: Engineering.
    Rec letters : I haven't started the application lol. So none yet.
    Work experience: I work part time at a fast food restaurant.
    Volunteer experience : Last time I volunteered was in 2017.

· Reply · Share
  • thelegitbrianthelegitbrian 113 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Hello, I will be using the format from last year from @RainbowBritey

If any of you would like to break the ice by sharing a little bit about yourselves, feel free to do so! You can use the following template, or just write normally.

University: (your top picks)

Stats

College GPA:

Volunteer Hours (approx):

Other stats:

Subjective

Essays (Personal opinions/critiques):

Teacher Recs:

Other Rec:

Hook (if any):

State or Country:

Community College:

Ethnicity:

Sex at Birth:

Other Factors:
    · Reply · Share
  • thelegitbrianthelegitbrian 113 replies5 threads Junior Member
    edited August 2019
    University: Duke, Stanford, and Princeton

Stats
    College GPA: 4.0 (For now but may drop. Fall semester is going to be tough lol #organic chemistry :(
    Volunteer Hours (approx): Not sure as I accumulated a lot from high school until now. Will figure out later.
    Other stats: Student ambassador, SLDP, biology club treasurer/secretary, phi theta kappa, honors program
    Work experience: student ambassador
    SAT: Taking SAT soon.
    Essays (Personal opinions/critiques): Working on them right now.
    Teacher Recs: Asked 2 academics and they confirmed.
    Other Rec: Not sure if I will do this. Still considering.
    State or Country: USA, N.C

Also, I had a question about the honors question on the application that says:
    Have you received or will you receive an honors degree from your two-year college?

Is an honors degree being in the honors program or different? I asked Jack Kent in the help email and also my school, but have not received a reply yet.

Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone applying! woo woo
    edited August 2019
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity