Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
music_is_lifemusic_is_life Registered User Posts: 222 Junior Member
edited January 2009 in Otterbein University MT
Hello! Can anyone tell me how long Otterbein's auditions last at unifieds? Is there a dance call? I'm trying to schedule my auditions for Chicago Unifieds, and I'm trying to fit in as many schools as possible...

Thanks!
Post edited by music_is_life on

Replies to: Unifieds

• AZKMomAZKMom Registered User Posts: 362 Junior Member
    Last year at Chicago, Otterbein's audition slots were 15 minutes and it was suggested to be there 15 minutes early. You had a 3 minute time limit for 1 monologue, uptempo and ballad.
  • doctorjohndoctorjohn Registered User Posts: 606 Member
    It will be the same this year, music_is_life. As for dance, if you've had dance training, Stella Kane, our choreographer, will give you some moves, as part of the 15-minute appointment. She can tell your level of training very quickly.
  • music_is_lifemusic_is_life Registered User Posts: 222 Junior Member
    Thanks very much! Definitely good to know!
  • kitkatt565kitkatt565 Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    Hello! I am also auditioning for Otterbein at the Chicago Unifieds, and I was just wondering, since they ask for some dance moves at the 15-minute appointment, should I wear dance attire, or my audition dress? Thanks for your help!
    kitkatt: Let me check with Stella, and I'll get back to you tomorrow. We're observing MLK Day today. Thanks.
    kitkatt:

I am told that if dance is one of your strengths, and you're auditioning for the Musical Theatre/Dance concentration, then we recommend that you wear dance clothes, or a skirt you can remove easily. If you're auditioning for MT (but not the dance concentration), then the dress will be fine, as long as you feel comfortable moving in it.

Hope this helps. I look forward to seeing you in Chicago!
  • knarfydnaknarfydna Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    for guy dancers: is it recommended we wear jazz sheos with our dress slacks/shirt at unifieds?
    knarfydna:

Direct from Stella: "I think they could bring their jazz shoes with them and if I need to see them dance they could put them on. Otherwise, I think they should go ahead and wear their street shoes."

Hope this helps. See you soon!
  • knarfydnaknarfydna Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    thanks! can't wait!
  • NotMamaRoseNotMamaRose Registered User Posts: 4,090 Senior Member
    Last year, my D auditioned at NYC Unifieds and was prepared to dance in her dress (as stated above) but doctorjohn ended up sending her out quickly to change into dance clothing. I remember this because I was waiting in the hall and she came out in a hurry and we rushed to get her changed while doctorjohn and his student helpers were waiting! :) So be prepared to actually change if that is what the auditors recommend.
    NMR: Thanks for reminding me. I'm reasonably certain it was a mutual decision, not me being autocratic... :) But your advice is good, as always.
This discussion has been closed.