Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Pace: MT dance audition

MTforFall2014MTforFall2014 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello! After being invited for a live audition at Pace, I have a question concerning the dance portion of the Music Theater audition

How heavily is dance weighted for potential MT majors? I consider dance my weakest component of my audition. I have taken dance classes before, but the last one was a very long time ago. I do not pick up on choreography easily. Being 100% honest, based on past auditions, I will not perform in the top 2/3rds of those dancing. I am physically able to do the moves, I usually just do not remember the routine and am one of those, "smile your way through" dancers. I only signed up for the MT audition. Does Pace turn people away after the dance audition based on their ability and not let them complete the monologue/song selections if they "fail dance"? And finally, does Pace have a separate "movers" and "dancers" audition?
Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.