Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Accepted to the college - audition coming up

jdgantherjdganther Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited January 2008 in Pace University MT
I just got accepted into Pace's Honors College so that's pretty exciting.

I'm scheduling my audition and I might be on for this weekend. Can anyone elaborate on how intense the dance audition was and how the singing and acting went?

Thanks!
Post edited by jdganther on

Replies to: Accepted to the college - audition coming up

• ChellyBelly42ChellyBelly42 Registered User Posts: 334 Member
    I auditioned in November, early action... There wasn't a dance audition. As for singing and acting, you do that all at once, which I liked (instead of going into one room for singing and then into another for acting, like all my other auditions have been). It's pretty chill, honestly. I actually showed up 20 minutes late because I got on the wrong subway and ended up in Brooklyn, and the girl in the waiting room offered to put me as late on the list as I wanted so I could just calm down (but there were still four or five people before me so it was okay).

Really, the audition is very relaxed; it definitely wasn't as nerve-wracking as some other schools' auditions are. They asked me a few questions after I sang and presented my monologues (just typical questions like "describe your dance experience" and "why are you looking at this school") and then let me ask a few questions.

Just so you know, though (I'm assuming they'll do this for every audition and it wasn't just for mine) there's a music theory placement exam after the audition. It's not crazy difficult stuff, just basics and some listening.
  • jdgantherjdganther Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Okay thanks. I just did a Syracuse audition last week (that was my first). So I guess Pace won't be as nerve wracking.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.