Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Help! FSc Student

rafboyrafboy Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 2013 in Pakistan
I know FSc students are pretty short of resources to guide them through the tedious process of admission to US. I am not going to aim for the IVY League, since I am pretty realistic. My parents cannot afford the fees too, so I will be working on getting a good scholarship package, full tuition would be preferable. I am planning for Engineering. I have got something like 78% in Matriculation and I will hopefully be getting 75% in my FSc as well. I am planning on taking my SAT this year, Insha Allah and TOEFL as well. I'll be aiming to get about 2200+ on SAT reasoning test. Should I give the subject test too? I am fine in the EC department. I have been into soccer and cricket. I am involved in certain other ECs too, like science and mathematics competitions. So, what are my chances? How should I fill the gap in my FSc scores? I am probably just going to apply for mediocre engineering universities, in hope for a full tuition waiver.

I'd be grateful, if anyone of you guide me through the process. I'd also like to know the process of submitting my transcripts. Is it through WES? I heard, it's pretty expensive through it, about $145 and then $30-$60 per each submitted document. Please guide me through that process. And, how will they evaluate my FSc certificate?
Post edited by rafboy on

Replies to: Help! FSc Student

This discussion has been closed.