Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

International Transfer

Transfer19933Transfer19933 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
edited August 2013 in Pakistan
Hey guys. Im currently doing Mechanical engineering from EME NUST. I got a 3.50 cgpa in my first year. Now i want to apply to the US as an international transfer student. Also, id need loads of financial aid if im to go. I havent given the SAT 1 but i did give SAT 2 and got 2300 in it. Also, im a great guitar player and a great singer aswell and I have a few ECs. Do you guys think I have a shot? And if so, which colleges should i apply to if i want admission AND fin aid?
Post edited by Transfer19933 on

Replies to: International Transfer

• Transfer19933Transfer19933 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    Bump........
  • VarolineVaroline Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Quick qs. Why do u wanna leave NUST? I just completed my alevels and will inshallah get into SEECS(SAT NATIONAL BASIS). I got acceptance from Imperial College London as well but i might opt NUST. Would i be doing the wrong thing? ( I mean of course imperial is better but isnt NUST the best uni if one wants to stay in pakistan?)
  • Transfer19933Transfer19933 Registered User Posts: 20 New Member
    I got into EME. Didnt apply for SEECS. SEECS is finee. But eme is hell. For alevel students specially. Strictness, overall general atmosphere sucks
  • danger945danger945 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Well 2 of my cousins transferred from lahore school of economics after their first year to university of texas.
  • aunt beaaunt bea Registered User Posts: 9,027 Senior Member
    Financial aid to international transfer students is almost non-existent.
This discussion has been closed.