Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Private A-levels candidate applying to U.S universities

HazelBlueHazelBlue Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello guys. I am a US citizen living in Pakistan and I have done my A levels privately. I did my O levels from school. Now I'm applying to universities in the U.S. and they are asking me for my "high school transcript" which is basically my GCE' O and A levels results. [As I want to go asap, i.e in this coming spring, I'm applying to the University of Houston, in Texas.]

Could anyone please tell me the correct way/method to send O/A level results to Universities abroad if you're a private candidate.

I will be really grateful for some speedy help. Thank you!

Replies to: Private A-levels candidate applying to U.S universities

  • Globalstudent17Globalstudent17 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I am no expert but try sending through a private college counselor.
  • Arham93Arham93 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Wwell,one way is to get attested copies from british council and send those to the university..ONLY If they ask for it,else you can just send copies of your original results!!..
  • AbdulmoeedAbdulmoeed Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes! I have the same issue. I wanna apply in a university, hopefully this year and I don't wanna waste a year in the application process. I will be giving my SAT in October IA! Please guide me through this process. PS, I'm not an american national though.
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 31,463 Senior Member
    US universities only want O'Level and A level official levels (if a copy, it has to stamped by the school or verified in an official capacity by someone who'll leave name, position/rank/capacity, and phone number), regardless of whether you attended school or not.
    However, I would advise you against U of Houston, it's very commuter and the level isn't very good.
    What are your A Level results and what are you going for?
    What's your parents' budget?
This discussion has been closed.