Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

A complete guide to getting your Equivalence certificate

14567810»

Replies to: A complete guide to getting your Equivalence certificate

• AlAqmarAlAqmar Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello
    I am currently in the UAE and am currently doing A Levels
    I have completed my OL and got 7A* and 1A
    What will be my equivalent marks?
    Also I have applied to NUST for Mechanical Engineering and on the Application Form they ask for Total Marks and Marks obtained as per IBCC equivalence
    What do I enter there?
    Thanks for the help in advance
  • linkinpark96linkinpark96 Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    @AlAqmar 805/900 marks.
    This is exactly what you enter there.
  • ssbz99ssbz99 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    hey are D grades at A-level bad for most unis in pakistan? I'm no talking about NUST or LUMS but rather FCCU, BNU, KCWU, UMT, etc
    @ssbz99 yes they are bad overall but for the universities that you listed below, they usually accept students with these grades based on the merit and if they can fully pay the fees.
  • Karma2343Karma2343 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey so I had a 75% equivalency for my Olevels and I don’t have alevels equivalence yet! I need to get an alevels equivalency done my question Is I had 2Es and 1 U in alevels! Is there any way possible I can get my equivalency out?!?
    @Karma2343 no unfortunately you can't. E is the last eligible grade for an equivalence.
  • ssbz99ssbz99 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    edited May 23
    so If I apply with these grades do I stand a chance of getting accepted(provided that I do much much better on the entrance tests)?
    and what do you mean by "merit", are you referring to the grades in gcse and a levels or entrance tests?
    @ssbz99 definitely yes. You need to ace the entry test!
    By merit I mean the calculations done to shortlist the students which includes a certain percentage for o/a level which is 25% and 15%. Almost 40-60% test. Rest is interview if applicable in unverisity. Like in NUST, the test takes 75% of the merit