Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

A complete guide to Engineering/CS University Admissions in Pakistan

13»

Replies to: A complete guide to Engineering/CS University Admissions in Pakistan

• linkinpark96linkinpark96 Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    @Lord Stark, you mean ICS? Yes absolutely, don't worry about it. You're almost 3 years away from universities application so dont worry right now. Just give it your best :)
    edited April 14

LUMS EE is also good but like you said their CS is better. It depends on your interest because both of them are really different fields except for some common introductory courses.
    For EE, I'd recommend either LUMS, GIKI, NUST, GIKI and PIEAS. In this order.
    Why do you have 7 Olevel subjects? Did you give them from overseas because as a Pakistani, you need 8 to get the equivalence.

Well basic programming is a really basic term itself. Basics are all about If statements, loops etc.
    If your plans are of working in pakistan then I would in NO way recommend you to do EE because we don't have EE jobs here except if you have connections in the market. As an engineer you'd be starting at 20-30k max. If you are good in maths and problem solving then definitely go for CS. It's the best field to be in right now with thousands of sub-fields. You can learn all the stuff independently from youtube/coursera/edx, do freelancing, teach and find a job as soon as you graduate given you have the right skillset and work ethics.
    Post edited by MaineLonghorn on
  • Lord StarkLord Stark Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you for replying...
  • nightfury225nightfury225 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 23
    Hello I applied for a BS in CS at ITU. I just wanna know if post graduate prospects/master's degree FROM ABROAD are possible if i complete my bachelors from itu. Thanks in advance
  • faraz43355faraz43355 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    i have done alevels.Now i want to join itu and my overall percentage is above 60 but my grades are below C am i eligible for itu?
  • rockyflame458rockyflame458 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone.
    I want to apply for BS Computer Science and i wanted to know which universities are best in such matter such as in the job market, degree value and all such associated things. I am an A levels student and my equivalence is above 75. I have heard a lot of good and bad things about FAST and its CS programme seeing as FAST is very stringent in its GPA and faculty wise but its degree has value but i wanted to know how does comsats's CS programme compare seeing as it constantly ranks high in international rankings
    and in response to faraz43355's question, universities in pakistan dont look at your a level grades individually but as equivalence so if its above 60 then you are safe.
    @nightfury225 this video will answer all your questions:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXZXZDqtfIM
    @faraz43355 I can not say. Just work really hard on the test and ace it. Definitely would improve your chances.
    @rockyflame458 Please go through this playlist. I worked really hard to produce/edit/compile these feedback. For the very same reason as to answer the FAQs that every student asks before joining a university. I'll be expanding it along the way as well but it's a pretty exhaustive task so takes time.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaxj-OO9ExcqIdNsa8_CX_fyaFyWe0Gyb