right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Law or Economics undergrad?

BilkulLostBilkulLost 0 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
edited August 22 in Pakistan
All my life I've been homeschooled, I've done my O'levels and A'levels privately too. Now I plan to join University of London's external programme, so university education will be private too.
I'm confused about my options, I'm interested in both Law and Economics, but I don't know which is better as a career choice in Pakistan.

Economics course is harder than Law and will be more challenging, but I like Econ better than Law (if I had to choose).
I have to choose something which will have more scope and will have more growth/job opportunities.
I want to do Econ but people around me are mostly going for Law, and many of my friends are lawyers and have good jobs, so Law seems like a more practical choice, since I don't know anyone who graduated in Econ.

So basically, I want to know if Econ has any scope in Pakistan? What kind of jobs are available for them, like what they entail? Do the jobs pay well? What do Econimists do in Pakistan?
(I'm not interested in banking or accounting jobs).
Thanks for reading!
edited August 22
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Law or Economics undergrad?

• collegemom3717collegemom3717 6573 replies54 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Are you not living in Pakistan now? if you have friends in professional jobs, surely they- and the other people they know- will have better info on the job market for econ grads vs law grads in your city (are you in Karachi or Lahore, or a smaller city? that will also make a difference) than people on a US-based college website?
    · Reply · Share