Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Fox won't be airing Obama

Replies to: Fox won't be airing Obama

• razorsharprazorsharp Registered User Posts: 6,161 Senior Member
    This makes FOX News more irrelevant as a source of real news than it already is.

nbachris2788, if you had read the link in the OP you would have noticed the author mentioned that the Fox TV network not Fox News would not be covering the press conference.
  • nbachris2788nbachris2788 Registered User Posts: 4,447 Senior Member
    nbachris2788, if you had read the link in the OP you would have noticed the author mentioned that the Fox TV network not Fox News would not be covering the press conference.

Oh well, my mistake then. At least FOX News has the sense to not ignore something the President has to say during a time of national hardship.
  • Anarchy BunnyAnarchy Bunny Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    Good for Fox, I really like Lie to Me and can always catch the details of the press conference afterwards online.
  • 07DAD07DAD Registered User Posts: 5,169 Senior Member
    ditto what Anarchy Bunny said
  • pnthrs11pnthrs11 Registered User Posts: 452 Member
    good job FOX!
  • blindtrombonistblindtrombonist Registered User Posts: 408 Member
    It's really funny that you guys are blaming the President for the HHS and surgeon general when the reason we don't have a HHS is cause the Repubs in Congress are holding Sebellius up cause she's pro-choice. It's also funny that everyone is so intent on Obama having "chosen" to try and pass reform without the Republicans. It's not a choice, it's simply a grand flaw of the GOP, they do not know how to concede and compromise for the better of the country. All they know how to do is repeat talking points that got us into this mess.
  • simbasimba Registered User Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    "Change the channel. I haven't watched a press conference live in ten years."

I haven't watched a live press conf. in 20 years. The questions are too soft.

There will be a question about the dog.
    "...the President has to say during a time of national hardship."

What is your hardship?

92% working, 91% still paying mortgages, many first time buyers can actually afford a home, financial sector almost stabilized, auto companies could become profitable again.
    You make a good point Simba. People today have no idea what hardship really is. Things are bad and could be better, but we don't have half or our population starving and searching for food. We don't have half of our population without potable water and dying in mass. There are countries who cannot say the same. We are very fortunate to be in America despite what feels like very difficult times.
  • geeps20geeps20 - Posts: 3,250 Senior Member
    funny how the libs hate Fox so much because they are slanted to the right...yet they have the most meaningful interviews out there...Clinton, obama - O'reilly interviews were by far the most revealing. MSNBC, CNN are by far more biased than Fox..but of course, if anyone raises anti- loony lib opinions, then they are right wing extremist. People fail to realize that the heartland of this country is not to the left.

Reading the posts here is like bizarro world to me..small town, north-east, middle class...hardly anyone around here has views similar to what is portrayed here.
  • tegatega Registered User Posts: 1,792 Senior Member
    This makes FOX News more irrelevant as a source of real news than it already is.

I think you get your news from NYTIMES, WAPO, CNN and MessNDC

April Ratings: FNC Beats CNN and MSNBC Combined - mediabistro.com: TVNewser

The Scoreboard: Monday, April 27 - mediabistro.com: TVNewser
    so was there a reference to the dog?
    O'reilly interviews were by far the most revealing.

It as O'Reilly's interview with H. Clinton that convinced me she was in fact capable of being President. She not only held her own, she got the better of O'Reilly in several parts of the interview. The main stream media never asked her tough questions, they were too busy being in love with her.

Candidate Obama did well but not as well as H. Clinton against O'Reilly. That is not surprising given that Candidate Obama did not have a teleprompter at the time.
  • DonnaLDonnaL Registered User Posts: 4,991 Senior Member
    Hardly anyone, geeps? You seem to forget who lost the election, and who won it. And how well Obama did in a lot of the so-called heartland. "Loony" indeed.

PS: If you persist in calling people "libs," as if it were still 1972 or so, then I think I'm going to start calling you and your fellow-travelers "cons." I think it fits.
  • 07DAD07DAD Registered User Posts: 5,169 Senior Member
    People fail to realize that the heartland of this country is not to the left.

Same sex marriage in Iowa. Kansas is reputed to be the late term abortion capital of the US. The heartland is NOT "to the right."
This discussion has been closed.