Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Michelle O named one of People Mag's 100 most beautiful people

NorthstarmomNorthstarmom Registered User Posts: 24,853 Senior Member
"She's one of People magazine's 100 most beautiful people.

The first lady, whose fashion choices are closely scrutinized, is shown wearing a sleeveless gown in a sneak peek of the annual list on the magazine's website.

"'I had a father and a brother who thought I was beautiful, and they made me feel that way every single day," she says in the accompanying caption. "I grew up with very strong male role models who thought I was smart and fast and funny, so I heard that a lot. I know that there are many young girls who don’t hear it."'
Michelle Obama on 'most beautiful' list - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com
Post edited by Northstarmom on

Replies to: Michelle O named one of People Mag's 100 most beautiful people

• Anarchy BunnyAnarchy Bunny Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    If only she were proud of her country and her natural hairstyle instead of being wholly dominated by the straight hair white cultural ethic.

PS: Her IQ is low because she's teh blak.
  • mom2ofOHmom2ofOH Registered User Posts: 354 Member
    She is a very beautiful woman and articulate too. No doubt about it! Our country should be proud to have her representing us.
  • pugmadkatepugmadkate Registered User Posts: 5,888 Senior Member
    She certainly is. I'd nominate her mother as well.
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Registered User Posts: 33,721 Senior Member
    Good for her!

Some of the comments on that article are disgusting. Blaming her for being chosen, like she sought them out for her own personal gain or something. Give me a break.
  • s.dots.dot - Posts: 678 Junior Member
    I really think Michelle's beauty lies in it's subtlety. Her looks definitely grow on you once you get into her personality, hear her speak and see her and Barack interact w/one another. She is pretty hot though, and her two daughters are absolutely adorable.

I still think the People's top 100 most beautiful list is pretty much a popularity contest.
  • nbachris2788nbachris2788 Registered User Posts: 4,447 Senior Member
    I still think the People's top 100 most beautiful list is pretty much a popularity contest.

Duh. And I seriously doubt that most of the world's most beautiful people live in America.
    her natural hairstyle instead of being wholly dominated by the straight hair white cultural ethic.

Exactly. And what's up with her trying to act white by wearing clothes and NOT having a bone through her nose?
This discussion has been closed.