Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Wasn't that an "enchanting" press conference

RonPaul_2012RonPaul_2012 - Posts: 465 Member
What an embarresment our press corps is. 13 questions in sixty minutes. All it is is a rehearsed speech with pre set questions. Jake Tapper's the only real reporter in the room, although that guy from CBS radio wasn't too bad. I mean come one - who in their right mind tosses the president of the United States a softball so big that it contains the words "enchanted". I wanted to puke. I mean, he doesn't even need TOTUS for that one.

Anyways, you got to give credit to Obama for finding a way to get all the these hour long speeches out on boadcast news for free. He does know how to run quite a political campaign.
Post edited by RonPaul_2012 on

Replies to: Wasn't that an "enchanting" press conference

• Anarchy BunnyAnarchy Bunny Registered User Posts: 236 Junior Member
    Ps: Ron paul rulz and if he were prezident he wood never give teh press confrance.
  • simbasimba Registered User Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    Was there a question about the dog? I am more interested in that.
  • bulletandpimabulletandpima Registered User Posts: 9,826 Senior Member
    I don't think so!
  • munchkinmunchkin Registered User Posts: 1,279 Senior Member
    I am not really an Obama fan but ...

it's only 100 days and the honey moon period is not over yet. Give Obama and the reporters a chance. There is going to be a lot more 100 days to come. :)
  • simbasimba Registered User Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    ^ No....that ain't going to happen.
  • momfrommemomfromme Registered User Posts: 2,669 Senior Member
    It was a pleasure to hear a president so well-versed and so articulate.
  • yawnyawn . Posts: 2,141 Senior Member
    What an embarresment our press corps is. 13 questions in sixty minutes. All it is is a rehearsed speech with pre set questions. Jake Tapper's the only real reporter in the room, although that guy from CBS radio wasn't too bad. I mean come one - who in their right mind tosses the president of the United States a softball so big that it contains the words "enchanted". I wanted to puke. I mean, he doesn't even need TOTUS for that one.

Anyways, you got to give credit to Obama for finding a way to get all the these hour long speeches out on boadcast news for free. He does know how to run quite a political campaign.
    You want a bucket for your tears?
  • geeps20geeps20 - Posts: 3,250 Senior Member
    Embarrassing..the most enchanting? New York Times is a joke.

This was not a press conference..oboma free air time with pre set questions..exactly 13, same as last time...Lots of BS...English didn't torture during WH 2...lie..they indeed use "enhanced techniques".

obama admits info was obtained, but states it could have been obtained not using enhanced techniques?..AH...I don't think so
  • geeps20geeps20 - Posts: 3,250 Senior Member
    "You want a bucket for your tears"

what.. you can post your love fest for the messiah, but others can't express their view and opinion?
  • hops_scouthops_scout Registered User Posts: 3,903 Senior Member
    what.. you can post your love fest for the messiah, but others can't express their view and opinion?

Of course not. He's too perfect for that. Meanwhile they will also continue to bash all the Repubs they can.
  • sueinphillysueinphilly Registered User Posts: 4,207 Senior Member
    I liked when he took out a pen to write down the words surprised, enchanted, humbled and troubled. I have to write everything down and it was nice to see him do that so he remembered the entire task.
  • crescent22crescent22 - Posts: 3,651 Junior Member
    He gets admired for writing things down! The love affair has no bounds!

If Bush wrote things down in a press conference, he gets bashed for being so stupid he can't remember a question!
  • Columbia_StudentColumbia_Student Registered User Posts: 5,046 Senior Member
    It was a pleasure to hear a president so well-versed and so articulate.

Without the teleprompter? WOW, I'm impressed.
  • cartera45cartera45 Registered User Posts: 12,451 Senior Member
    crescent - that is not true. If I had seen Bush pick up his crayon to write something, I would have rejoiced in the knowledge that he could.
  • yawnyawn . Posts: 2,141 Senior Member
    I've never posted any "love fests". Stop acting like an immature little baby.
This discussion has been closed.