Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Replies to: The Obama Millionaires

• poetsheartpoetsheart Registered User Posts: 5,531 Senior Member
    Is this supposed to be some sort of indictment, tega? And your point would be....?
  • cartera45cartera45 Registered User Posts: 12,449 Senior Member
    that Obama surrounds himself with successful people? How shameful.

Do any of them have their names on the side of a huge oil tanker?
  • hops_scouthops_scout Registered User Posts: 3,903 Senior Member
    Do any of them have their names on the side of a huge oil tanker?

Nah.. just in the Chicago Political System.. AKA FRAUD Society
  • THCTHC Registered User Posts: 138 New Member
    Nah.. just in the Chicago Political System.. AKA FRAUD Society

Well, I don't know how that's relevant or supports any point you were trying to make, but alright.
    THC, I'm guessing you're not from the state of Illinois. Otherwise you would understand how screwed up Chicago is when it comes to politics. There's a reason we have this saying about "Welcome to Illinois where our governors make our license plates." Our most recently-elected governor is headed toward prison as well though he thinks it's all fun and games apparently.
  • tegatega Registered User Posts: 1,792 Senior Member
    poetsheart, no it is not suppose to be an indictment. In fact, I want everyone to be well off! They should not pretend like like they live like the rest of Americans because they don't.

They have already made their millions and they are trying to prevent a lot of small business owners from moving up the income ladder. These are the same people who talk about the virtues of public schools but send their kids to expensive and exclusive private schools. These same group are also preventing poor kids in DC from hanging out with their kids in their exclusive private schools by killing a successful voucher program.

They are just a bunch of hypocrites who only care about themselves. They are going to pass all the laws they will need to move right back to private practice after their terms are over and wait for the next Democratic administration.

Rahm is a perfect example.
  • THCTHC Registered User Posts: 138 New Member
    Oh I understand Illinois politics is corrupt... hell, a great deal of American politics is screwed up, to the point where it disgusts me. Have you heard of this saying: "Congressmen should wear uniform like NASCAR drivers so that we can tell who their sponsors are."?

I comprehend perfectly well, it's just that some statements can't really hold much weight without substantial evidence, such as these.
  • zotanzotan Registered User Posts: 657 Member
    Hahah ok Tega is insane.
  • minimini Registered User Posts: 26,431 Senior Member
    I thought it referred to the private health insurance executives, Obama's friends, who will pocket billions from his health care plan.
  • simbasimba Registered User Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    ^ People got to live. What can they do when trillions are shoved in their mouth?
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Registered User Posts: 33,440 Senior Member
    I love how people from Illinois complain about their political system being screwed up. Yeah, it's corrupt, the majority of politicians are. However, your system still runs efficiently and you have still have somewhat of an economy.

Want to see screwed up? Come to Detroit.
    However, your system still runs efficiently and you have still have somewhat of an economy.

Yep, our ex-governor flew everywhere he went (including back and forth to work) on the taxpayers' dime. He didn't even know what "downstate" was because he had been there all of once in 6 years.

The state owes so much money to so many schools, health care providers, and likely many others that it isn't even funny. Last summer there were talks of the state buying Wrigley Field. Oh, forgot to mention how the entire state is paying for Chicago people to use the public transport system.

Efficient-- yeah right!
  • PizzagirlPizzagirl Registered User Posts: 40,488 Senior Member
    Uh, most of the state's population is concentrated in Chicago. So sorry!

And it sounds so right-off-the-turnip-truck to be awed by "millionaires" in Chicago. You'd expect successful upper middle class people to be surrounded by similar successful upper middle class people.
  • HuntHunt Registered User Posts: 26,917 Senior Member
    Maybe this is why Ayers didn't get a high-level appointment--maybe he's not a millionaire!
This discussion has been closed.