Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Oh man, this conservative radio host is really stupid

Replies to: Oh man, this conservative radio host is really stupid

• s.dots.dot - Posts: 678 Junior Member
    It has also been stated now by multiple posters, that they are shocked that you are a journalistic student at UPENN
    Means nothing to me whatsoever. My enrollment at Penn is not contingent on how you or anyone else views my posts on this forum.
    This thread does have a lot to offer, even if it comes down making all posters cognizant of how other people in our society view the impolitic subjects. They can shut it down and allow people to remain ignorant with their heads in the sand, or allow it to move foward so people can say what they truly believe without PC filters.
    You can, in no way, convince me that if someone started a thread with the intent of dragging Jews through the mud (whether they believed in what they were saying or not), you would consider the thread had a lot to offer.
    We agree with how he has never called people names and that is the start, middle and end where the support goes.
    Wasting your time. He’s been incredibly offensive to AN ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE. If you don’t think what I’ve had to say to him is fair, stemming from his assertion that blacks are less than intelligent, TOO BAD.
    Your problem is you are confusing respecting the poster as being the same as agreeing with the post
    Your problem is you can sit here and be so phony and disingenuous as to suggest any poster with dontno’s views deserves respect.
    Here's why, your posts have nothing regarding facts to beat DONTNO (you have left this for Dross and Mrs. Weasley), instead it is filled with vile rhetoric.
    Nobody needs to present any facts to convince anyone else that blacks aren’t inherently less intelligent. If you believe we do, you are either a racists or sadly mistaken as a result of your own ignorance.
    You want to call a poster a NAZI or Klansman, show the proff where they stated I am a member of the ARYAN Nation or the KKK.
    He is all of those things; you just refuse to see because it’s not Jews being attacked here. How much rhetoric would it take you to be convinced of one’s hatred toward Jews? Or would you wait, despite about 100 pages worth of rhetoric, and even after that, consider that the thread “has a lot to offer?”
    I also can't believe that you can't see what this thread has to offer
    You are an enabler to a white supremacists’ agenda, plain and simple.
  • BromfieldBromfield Registered User Posts: 1,936 Senior Member
    This thread long ago hijacked from Jimmy Severino/Jay Severin's offensive cracks about Mexicans (when I first posted) to this AA debate, which surfaces and resurfaces

The debate topic has clearly morphed into something else, but it is interesting to note that Jay Severin was suspended by his station for his comments on Mexicans and has been off air for the last month. He is returning next Monday (too bad--the guy turns my stomach and I'll listen to almost anything). Here's the comment from the station.
    96.9 WTKK
  • bulletandpimabulletandpima Registered User Posts: 9,826 Senior Member
    s.dot,

YOU DO REALIZE I AM CATHOLIC RIGHT? I was born to Catholic parents, raised in a Catholic family and married in a Catholic Church.
    You can, in no way, convince me that if someone started a thread with the intent of dragging Jews through the mud (whether they believed in what they were saying or not), you would consider the thread had a lot to offer

Beg to differ, but I would. However, I wouldn't be vile, I would show imperical information/facts, just like DROSS, Mrs. Weasley and Dontno.

I would not ever lower myself to calling anyone a NAZI', KKK or WHITE SUPREMACIST. I would fight it on facts and not name calling. I would shove facts so deep down their throats (like Dross) that they wouldn't be able to breathe.

YOU ALSO REALIZE THE TITLE OF THIS FORUM...PARENTS CAFE? Parents don't allow their children to name call, why would you think adults would find it acceptable in an adult forum under any manner you could pose?

I would make the other posters realize that their position is riddled with fallacies. You believe that you should never have to prove ignorance spouted by the opposition to change opinion. I disagree. Ignorance needs to be addressed and the only way to change a person's opinion is to show them how they have been mis-informed. It is not to belittle them and call them names.

YOU JUST DON'T GET IT. YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE ANGRY, BUT YOUR ANGER IS MIS-DIRECTED.

If you just took a chance to re-read these threads, and stop the vitrolic, condescending, antagonistic remarks, DONTNO would have given up pages ago. By continuing with the I don't care what you say this site is racist, the posters are white supremacist who support the homosexual and jewish community comments, he can go on to fight another day. You have people who aren't supporting his opinion, but they are now offended by you, and your comments. YOU LOST YOUR MESSAGE. Instead of getting back on point, you have illustrated to other posters, that you hold bigoted views agains other sub sections of society.

DROSS, MRS. WEASLEY AND DONTNO, stayed on point. They are better illustrations of journalistic integrity than you.

At this point with how you pose your own posts, I am questioning if you are at UPENN or in journalism. Of course you will reply again, MYOB, instead of giving proof like DONTNO did regarding him attending Cornell, because that is your MO. DEFLECT, DEFEND, but never acknowledge.
  • s.dots.dot - Posts: 678 Junior Member
    At this point with how you pose your own posts, I am questioning if you are at UPENN or in journalism. Of course you will reply again, MYOB, instead of giving proof like DONTNO did regarding him attending Cornell, because that is your MO. DEFLECT, DEFEND, but never acknowledge.
    Pima, you really don't understand. Your ideas and opinions about me don't matter to me at all. I really get a kick out of letting you know this.
  • zoosermomzoosermom Registered User Posts: 26,153 Senior Member
    Pima, it's really time we all put him on ignore. This is very clearly a disturbed individual who doesn't need to be cranked up by us
    I will right after I say this very last thing.

Dear S. dot,

One day you will mature and realize that your anger only alienates you and your causes. Your attitude does not make me think less of myself, since I have spent most of my time illustrating how your verbal assaults have no positive effect on how you are perceived.

You continue to think it is just me here stating this, when the reality is everyone has tried to illustrate it. You believe that it is only my opinion, and I do not matter to you. The latter part of the statement is true, I do not matter, since I am one person and not a majority. However, I am speaking the real hard truth from the majority of this site. You have heard it from myself, Mr. Payne, DonnaL, Logic, LGM, Zooser, Pizza,and Bullet. That is not one person, it is alot. MAKE NOTE: I am talking about remarks re: homosexuals, jews, implying posters are Nazi's and Klansman, I openly WANT TO ACKNOWLEDGE that is not about the debate of AA intelligence and genetics, it is about the virtiolic rhetoric or bigoted statements that has been posted by s.dot towards other posters.

None of us have used slurs, all of us have fought the debate on facts, and did not take it to the personal attack level you have. I am following the advice I gave to JYM626 and stop hitting my head against the wall. I am also following the advice from zooser, and placing you on ignore. If you don't know what this means it means, anything you post on any thread will never show up on my computer. I will only know what you say about me after this post is if it is reference by another poster. Best of luck in your journalistic aspirations.

I have never called you one slur, one offensive name, or insinuated that you are a hypocrite. Instead, I have reiterated what you wrote, what you believe, and how you offended people. I will keep it that way and not ever lower myself.

Hitting IGNORE now! Congrats 18 months, 1725 posts and you are my 1st ignore in my CP
    Forgot to say ONCE AGAIN his remarks were and are offensive to the AA community, however he never called you a deragotory name. Has he called you the N word? How about thug, gangsta, etc. NAZI, KLANSMEN is equivalent to those terms in the white world. Has anybody called you any of those terms, and I mean anyone on this thread! You however, have called people every deragotory term you could think of, and the you topped it off with get the SWINE FLU, or your head of lettuce, and of course the mother-rubber ball comment. NOTICE I LEFT OUT WHAT YOU SAID TO ME. That is the point you totally miss. It is the fact that he argues without being mean, condescending, or rude to other posters, you cannot and will not ever be able to state the same fact.

Please show me the last time you actually placed a post that shows substitive information on how he is wrong. All your posts are about attacking the poster. Want to prove their ignorance, arrogance, bigotry, start with posting facts regarding the position, like Dross, Mrs. Weasley, and poet, and STOP using personal attacks against other posters as your only defense.

LAST TIME, Dontno, I disgaree about you premise regarding the AA community and intelligence abilities...s.dot that wasn't a shocker to him

Fight it with knowledge!
  • DrosselmeierDrosselmeier Registered User Posts: 1,627 Member
    Forgot to say ONCE AGAIN his remarks were and are offensive to the AA community, however he never called you a deragotory name. Has he called you the N word?

Well, to be fair to s.dot, he did call blacks "stupid (on average)", and that is about as bad an insult as it gets, especially when it is said seriously and backed up by "scientists". I think s.dot is hurting here because he believes he ought not have to fight such sinister allegations. At least I sense this in his general anger toward the forum. I am not angered in the least. But then, I would have to have respect for the forum to be feel betrayed by it.

When I read the sort of childish back and forth I have seen here, and much of it a complete misrepresentation of other posters points-of-view, I realize that after a certain amount of time everything worth saying has been said.

I think reasonable people will just let the arseholes have the last word, as they say.

-Dross
  • Mr PayneMr Payne Registered User Posts: 8,850 Senior Member
    Well, to be fair to s.dot, he did call blacks "stupid (on average)", and that is about as bad an insult as it gets, especially when it is said seriously and backed up by "scientists". I think s.dot is hurting here because he believes he ought not have to fight such sinister allegations. At least I sense this in his general anger toward the forum. I am not angered in the least. But then, I would have to have respect for the forum to be feel betrayed by it.

When I read the sort of childish back and forth I have seen here, and much of it a complete misrepresentation of other posters points-of-view, I realize that after a certain amount of time everything worth saying has been said.

I think reasonable people will just let the arseholes have the last word, as they say.
    I don't consider an inconvenient fact to be an insult. Is it an insult to say a short person is short? The black/white IQ gap is well recorded on a variety of different tests. The main issue in contention is why the gap exists.
  • BulletBullet Registered User Posts: 977 Member
    Mr. Payne and Dontno,

You seem like smart individuals, with the attitude I've seen in quite a few scientists and engineers I know. "Look at the data, the data doesn't lie!" is usually a typical sticking point for them, and one they will gnaw on like a hungry dog on a large bone.

Let me say this. I think your wrong. EXTREMELY wrong. Does data exist? Certainly. And I don't think anyone here can honsestly look into their hearts and say they don't beleive the AA community is behind other communities in achievement in this country. You argue that it is based on intellect. I strongly argue that you are wrong in those regards. The socio-economic and cultural variables of expectations and attitudes are too great too ignore, and have too large an influence in the results to say any one issue is the bottom line cause. And I do find it disgusting that some will actually say that tests prove one race is inferior in intelligence than others. Again, too many variable impact the results of those tests you cling onto as proof.

I know your reponse is "I'm not talking individuals, I'm talking AVERAGES", or "their is scientific proof that differences in races exist". Fine, beleive that if you want. I happen to beleive that if you give ANYONE and EVERYONE an equal opportunity, your tests results would be a little different. Does race make a difference in physiological areas? Well, I think I'm still debating that one, but I do see where there are obvious truths to this such as skin pigmentation, and perhaps the perponderence of a certain hair and eye color in a particular group of people. But I don't think we can honestly say that race determine phsycological differences. Too hard to accurately take inot account ALL the variables to get a definitive answer.

Now, I'm treating you with kid gloves for the most part because I can see that your beleifs in science only has driven your arguements, and for this entire 900+ post thread, you behaved in civil manners (as opposed to some, whom are not worth mentioning). But I ask you to step away from teh arguement of a scientist for a bit, and try to see with the eyes of a poet. Can't you see that the arguement you present, the ones you so strongly defend, are hurtful to those you are trying to defend it against? Beyond hurtful? And can justify the anger we've seen (if not the vileness which destroys the righteousness of their message).

I've lectured someone else on this thread about maturity. You're about to get a similar few words from me. One sign of a mature individual is to know when to give up in a silly fight, even when you beleve it with all you heart you're in the right. A mature person sees that it really is not worth their time and effot in the bif scheme of life to bang heads with someone when neither side is ever going to change their minds.

You've said your piece on your beleifs here, and you've kept your cool against some rather nasty attacks in response. I believe you are grossly wrong in your asumptions and reliance on certain data alone, and will keep it at that. I think we all need to demonstrate some maturity here and simply I]walk away.[/I]

Life is too short and too beautiful to waste it on this.
  • dontnodontno Registered User Posts: 1,185 Senior Member
    As far as sterilization, I don't care what Dross thinks, Charles Murray, Jensen, and others have never advocated genocide and surely do not think that way. In fact, Richard Lynn and Charles Murray are both married to foreign-born Asians, which belies the contention that their motives are to prove white superiority. I understand everyone here is against forced sterilization and I tentatively agree.

But a question: Is voluntary sterilization wrong in exchange for incentives wrong? Is sterilization of repeat offender violent criminals wrong?
    you just refuse to see because it’s not Jews being attacked here. How much rhetoric would it take you to be convinced of one’s hatred toward Jews?

I actually have to agree with s.dot here, though I'm not directing this at Pima. It's interesting that s.dot was spewing all this blatant anti-white rhetoric throughout the entire post. No one seemed to notice this, but then he made comments about two minority groups and everyone came out. S.dot has been offering undeniably biased posts since the beginning of this post, but I guess because it was just about regular white people, it was ok. For the record, I find his comments about Jews and gays to be as equally reprehensible.
  • Tyler09Tyler09 Registered User Posts: 2,768 Senior Member
    Is voluntary sterilization wrong in exchange for incentives wrong?

Genocide definition from the UN CPPCG:
    "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

Sterilization, forced or through incentives, is a deliberate and systematic method of reducing a population; it's genocide. Explicitly under your circumstances, you would be "targeting" to reduce minority and poor populations, proportionately, because they are to you less intelligent and less valuable.
  • mazatlmazatl Registered User Posts: 206 Junior Member
    sterilization in exchange for incentives???

*maybe* sterilizing violent offenders could be debated (although i think it's a completely unethical idea and it would set us back 100 years), but coercing the poor to be sterilized??? it's such a disgusting proposal that i have to say it can't even be entertained.
  • poetsheartpoetsheart Registered User Posts: 5,533 Senior Member
    dontno wrote:
    I understand everyone here is against forced sterilization and I tentatively agree.

You tentatively agree that forced sterilization is a bad idea. How magnanimous of you.

Just out of curiosity, dontno, what sort of financial incentive do you have in mind to offer the "average" black person (whom you apparently deem to be so worthless) if they will but give up their right to have families? How much do you think a black child is worth, in dollars and cents? You know, back in the eighteen hundreds, a six year old negro boy was "worth" approximately $500 dollars. Adjusted for inflation, how much would that be in today's dollars? Should the Federal Gov. or should the States be responsible for funding this effort? How do you decide which blacks should be deemed eligible for this offer of a lifetime? Or perhaps the easier question for you to answer would be, which blacks do you believe should be automatically exempt from Operation Phase Out?
  • LogicWarriorLogicWarrior - Posts: 3,670 Senior Member
    Sterilization is a terrible idea. There's really no argument at all on that.
This discussion has been closed.