right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have identified a log in issue that is preventing some members from accessing the site. The support team is diligently working on resolving it. We hope to have an update soon. Read more here. Thanks for your understanding!

Happy New Year to my CC friends!

alwaysamomalwaysamom 12281 replies217 threads Senior Member
edited January 2011 in Parent Cafe
It's been another interesting and enjoyable here for me on CC. I always enjoy discussions with my CC friends and after all these years, it's still a nice, supportive community to share joys, sorrows, frustrations, celebrations, ideas, and opinions. I wish all of you a healthy, happy 2011 and look forward to another year with all of you. Am hoping that I can expand on my number of real-life meetings with CC friends in 2011. Maybe another NYC meeting?

Will be in Pittsburgh for the Winter Classic tomorrow and if any of you have any influence with Mother Nature, please extend some wishes for cold, clear weather. Who would have thought a warm spell would be a negative at this time of year?! Hoping for a win by the Penguins, as you probably guessed, but most of all, I'm hoping for an exciting game!

Have a safe weekend!
edited January 2011
8 replies
Post edited by alwaysamom on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Happy New Year to my CC friends!

• soozievtsoozievt 31413 replies372 threads! Senior Member
    Joining in to wish the same to all those I have come to know on CC these past 8 1/2 years. Here's to a positive year ahead to everyone. I, too, would enjoy meeting more CCers in person, including you, alwaysamom (NYC perhaps!). All the best in 2011.
    · Reply · Share
  • msteemstee 3082 replies55 threads Senior Member
    Happy New Year to you, too, and may the new year see every anxious high school senior happily settling into college come fall! Yes, I have one of those anxious high school seniors, she still has a few applications left to complete . . .

Suzie -- has it really been 8 and 1/2 years??? Time flies . . . I think it has been 7 years for me. Wow.
    · Reply · Share
    ^^^I know....typing out "8 1/2" was a "wow" moment for myself too.

And since this is CC after all, I want to wish all those waiting on admissions results in this cycle lots of positive thoughts....including one of my own kids.
    · Reply · Share
  • over30over30 2342 replies69 threads Senior Member
    I too have one waiting to hear about grad school, although I didn't know he had applied until he came home for the break. Much less stress this time!

It's been almost 8 1/2 years for me too - oldest was finishing his sophomore year in high school and we were looking for summer programs. It's been a long, educational and fun ride. Happy New Year!
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 39151 replies470 threads Senior Member
    Still 2010 in my neck of the woods! But not for too long. Happy New Year to my CC friends!
    · Reply · Share
  • bookwormbookworm 8977 replies72 threads Senior Member
    Chimming in with a hello to other long time CC fans!!! (& maybe some lurkers, like Northstarmom, Marite,...)

Thi is a wonderful community. Last year, at this time, my S got stuck in Phila airport 3x. It was great to get local news and suggestions for trains, alternate hotels, etc.

Suzie, I can assume it is your oldest applying? She has her MA, so for what?

(Isn't it strange, but I feel like I'm waching a whole group of young people grow up.)
    · Reply · Share
    Bookworm, she doesn't have an MA. She was in an MArch program and is applying to switch to a more specialized grad degree in her field. This year she is not in school and is working in between her grad schools. (yes, that is my oldest, 24)
    · Reply · Share
  • TutuTaxiTutuTaxi 1453 replies78 threads Senior Member
    Happy New Year!!!

Wishing you all a productive and healthy 2011. :)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity