right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

The "Bag A Week" Club

Replies to: The "Bag A Week" Club

• VeryHappyVeryHappy 18523 replies324 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Of course it counts. Good for you!
    · Reply · Share
  • Singersmom07Singersmom07 4162 replies82 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Took another pass at my closet. This time pants. I don’t really need 5 or 6 pairs of black pants. I don’t need a lot of dress pants since I no longer go to an office. Kept one of each main color and let all else go. Also, jackets that I no longer wear. And Black. I no longer wear all black unless its a funeral. A lot more space there now :) The bag is not out of the house but everything is in the staging area. Next has to be sweaters.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38934 replies468 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited March 17
    Finally! Mr. dumped the old microwave that he has been saving. I found a few things to toss, too. :)
    edited March 17
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5507 replies136 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Made a deal with myself that I will clean out two files everyday. So far so good. The ones that are slow are "personal" and seem to take forever to go through but each is down by half.
    · Reply · Share
  • tired alreadytired already 249 replies88 threadsRegistered User Member
    Funny, my husband uses the "it's not hurting you/anyone" line also. Where do they get this stuff??

I've been making things disappear without him noticing for awhile now because anytime I would ask him about something we needed to keep it because it wasn't hurting anyone. This weekend he agreed that we could get rid of a larger item, but it's too big for me to move by myself. Ugh. The logical thing would be for him to help me but that isn't going to happen so I think I will take it apart and get rid of it in pieces. Whatever it takes.
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 715 replies1 threadsRegistered User Member
    It was an adjustment in thinking when I realized, then pointed out to DH, that space is in fact the use of an area. For example, I am /using/ a cleared off table to set a climate of readiness and peace in my dining and living area. I'm using the space in drawers and on shelves to showcase and handle what's there more easily.

Of course, my needlework stash is crammed in out-of-sight chests and drawers. I am a work in progress.
    · Reply · Share
    ^^^Can I agree with and like that 20 times??
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5507 replies136 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Many bags of old office papers. Whew.
    · Reply · Share
    The overflow from my late MIL's home is in two storage lockers. Today we went through them, and DH ended up taking a small cabinet and small desk to Goodwill.

We also started listing her many genealogical materials, and I have an email together to send to potential recipients -- we're thinking local genealogical organization, LDS church. They're periodicals, not unique research, so if nobody nearby wants them then DH said to recycle them.

And OMG we found a bunch of owners' manuals for things that are still in the house, so I'll probably get them dropped off for the new owners this coming week.
    · Reply · Share
    And life is too short to use pens and pencils you don't like. I have my preferences -- mechanical pencils and Pilot Precise Rolling Ball pens -- so I'm giving everything else to Goodwill.
    · Reply · Share
  • tired alreadytired already 249 replies88 threadsRegistered User Member
    Yesterday was a banner day for me. I took apart a large item, put the pieces in the trash and they took it all!! Yay! I asked dh to hold the door for me so I could carry out the pieces and he complained over that minimal task. And yes, her reminded me that the item wasn't hurting anyone. Well, it was bugging me....

I also did some cleaning over the weekend and disposed of a mid-sized item in the work dumpster. Another victory!

Unfortunately, after doing this for years, I look around our house and there is still so much I would like to get rid of but I have to move in baby steps. I think the next two weekends will be spent trying to make space to store our daughter's things between the time she graduates and starts her job. Always something.
    · Reply · Share
    Took a tote bag of product manuals to MIL's old house for the new owners.

Put an unused but very nice strainer in the Goodwill bag.

Got a tentative go to send DS2's high school (middle school?) volcano project on to a better place. All he asks is that I run it through one vinegar and baking soda cycle (apparently it's a working model . . . ). I told him not only would I do that, but I'd take a video.
    · Reply · Share
  • CountingDownCountingDown 13441 replies110 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I get a lot of tossing done while DH is out of town!
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38934 replies468 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Disposed of 2 dirty tarps that Mr. wanted to keep. 😎
    · Reply · Share
  • kiddiekiddie 3409 replies216 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Cleaned out from my shed the outdoor furniture we no longer use. A neighbor took it all to use at her beach house.
    · Reply · Share