right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

The "Bag A Week" Club

Replies to: The "Bag A Week" Club

• VeryHappyVeryHappy 18517 replies324 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Also, check Best Buy. In my neck of the woods, they take stuff for recycling.
    · Reply · Share
  • dentmom4dentmom4 1345 replies4 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    We have a local moving company that you can hire to empty a house into a dumpster. Two men and a truck, they are a franchise and may be in your area. You can decide what goes in while they are there. If you think you may need more than one dumpster load, you can arrange to have it emptied, and then immediately refill.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38895 replies468 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Yes, you deserve a personal sanctuary.
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5504 replies136 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Hmmm...tear the carpet out and get rid of the bed and everything completely. Buy new all for you and only you.
    If too much $$ buy new to you/used. Take the room!!!! The fairies are helping you :).

I finally finished a project which allowed me to separate 4 large bags of papers that must be shredded (Office Depot).
    And filled 3 bags for good will. Goal is to double that by this weekend.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38895 replies468 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I have a giant itch to throw away something. I think the old pair of dress shoes Mr. has been using as yard shoes will do. His current pair will become yard shoes, and a new Ecco pair will take the spot by the front door. Oh the circle of life of my husband's shoes. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • MomofJandLMomofJandL 1612 replies32 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @maya54, that sounds absolutely delightful.

· Reply · Share
    @swimcatsmom: I agree that you deserve a private sanctuary -- and a lot more!!

Also, you have my permission to use the story of the leaking pipe and the rug and the dresser to goad your husband into worrying about what else might be lurking behind piles of stuff all around the house.
    · Reply · Share
  • TS0104TS0104 886 replies26 threadsRegistered User Member
    @maya54 we have the same thing! Last weekend was community yard sale, an awesome push for me to clear out every year. Then following is the spring pickup by the service department!
    · Reply · Share
  • 1214mom1214mom 4544 replies180 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @swimcatsmom, that’s a huge step forward - good for you. It’s nice that your daughter is helping too.
    I suspect even your husband will be happier when you get some of the stuff out of there.
    · Reply · Share
    Your life is about to change. Congratulations.
    · Reply · Share
  • swimcatsmomswimcatsmom 15838 replies346 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @1214mom - I think he will be if he can get over us throwing out trash. He has some wonderful tools buried under the junk in the garage. Maybe he can find something fun to do with his time if we unearth them.
    · Reply · Share
  • swimcatsmomswimcatsmom 15838 replies346 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @VeryHappy thank you! Yes, it's changing one way or another.
    · Reply · Share
  • psychmommapsychmomma 3056 replies46 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @swimcatsmom - Sending lots of good vibes for successful clean out days!
    · Reply · Share
    May the decluttering be swift and successful for you, @swimcatsmom!
    · Reply · Share
  • mom60mom60 7874 replies505 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @swimcatsmom can you report the leak and damage to your homeowners insurance?
    Great news on the dumpster and the young strong helpers.
    · Reply · Share