right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

The "Bag A Week" Club

Replies to: The "Bag A Week" Club

• HouseChatteHouseChatte 1126 replies2 threads Senior Member
    @VeryHappy oh how we tried to donate them. I've been on phone, emailing, and going places in person. Genealogical societies, two kinds of libraries, historical society . . . nothing. :(
    · Reply · Share
  • VeryHappyVeryHappy 18851 replies332 threads Senior Member
    @HouseChatte: Try selling them on eBay??
    · Reply · Share
  • maya54maya54 2489 replies99 threads Senior Member
    Our Goodwill has a drop off area. No one inspects the stuff!
    · Reply · Share
    Ours too. They have no idea what's in there until I'm a mile down the road!
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 1126 replies2 threads Senior Member
    I had to take them for recycling. There were just too many of them, the only place for them in the house was in the dining area and in our entry. I was tempted to do a drop and run at Goodwill, but they told me they couldn't take them when I asked, and almost all the magazines had MIL's address label on them. We're still swamped with books, papers, and personal effects from MIL and I just can't midwife the disposition of everything beyond a few good-faith attempts. It's so crushing being surrounded by all the things she decided to amass and keep.
    · Reply · Share
  • threebeansthreebeans 769 replies37 threads Member
    @HouseChatte I am breathing easier just picturing how much you're getting rid of - well done!
    · Reply · Share
  • 1214mom1214mom 4906 replies190 threads Senior Member
    Looking for an update from @swimcatsmom. Wasn’t she getting a dumpster delivered?
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5637 replies138 threads Senior Member
    Also waiting for her report
    · Reply · Share
  • collage1collage1 1956 replies74 threads Senior Member
    ^^ sounds like a great start, @yauponredux! Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
    One step at a time is all you can do!! It sounds like you've made a great start.
    · Reply · Share
  • dentmom4dentmom4 1453 replies4 threads Senior Member
    I would so like a dumpster delivered.........but my marriage would end.
    · Reply · Share
  • psychmommapsychmomma 3227 replies47 threads Senior Member
    @yauponredux - you’re off to a terrific start! I love to make lists and small daily goals. It feels so satisfying to make progress, even small amounts.Welcome and happy decluttering.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2VU06092VU0609 3634 replies60 threads Senior Member
    I weeded through the drawers in my bedroom earlier in the week and tossed some stuff, while setting other things aside for donation. I need to tackle my closet before I take the donations. However, this afternoon the spirit moved me to tackle books (and I have many) since I will be near the library when I got for Wednesday's hair appointment. I pulled out about a sixth of my books to donate to the library for their semi-annual book sale. I'm sure I could shed more books and I will before I retire and move in about 2 years, but progress!
    · Reply · Share
  • 1214mom1214mom 4906 replies190 threads Senior Member
    I didn’t even get an entire bag, but I cleaned my side of the closet, and put many clothes I won’t wear until fall in a big bin. I am culling, slowly but surely. I’ve found it makes me feel better to try and find some things a new home before donating. My step daughter is much shorter than I am, so shirts that are short on me fit her well, for example.
    · Reply · Share
  • yauponreduxyauponredux 783 replies27 threads Member
    @2VU0609 way to make the most of the spirit having moved you! I know that there are many occasions when I am not doing the most urgent thing, but sometimes doing ANYTHING at all is a victory!
    · Reply · Share
  • gosmomgosmom 1988 replies58 threads Senior Member
    @swimcatsmom, that's Fantastic!
    · Reply · Share