right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

The "Bag A Week" Club

Replies to: The "Bag A Week" Club

• oregon101oregon101 5497 replies136 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Just WOW! Just look at all of us! I love it.
    · Reply · Share
  • kiddiekiddie 3373 replies215 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I am going through the music CDs in my car and throwing many out. Last night, I went through all of my canvas bags. I made a huge bag of bags that I am throwing out. Those things must multiple on their own!
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 644 replies1 threadsRegistered User Member
    Just organized and listed items I'm taking to consignment shop early next week. Put together a small donation pile including a window fan and couple of shirts. Dogs are helping me drop that off in the morning.
    · Reply · Share
  • VeryHappyVeryHappy 18481 replies324 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I finally dropped off two bags to Goodwill that had been in the trunk of my car for several weeks. I love that they take everything.
    · Reply · Share
  • happymomof1happymomof1 29606 replies173 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Basement still a sorry mess, but I passed the box of school supplies I've collected over the last year off to a friend who can get them to kids who need them. So I can honestly state that one box of stuff is out of the house.
    · Reply · Share
  • swimcatsmomswimcatsmom 15835 replies346 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Had to laugh a few weeks back. A lady at work was asked to tutor someone's foster child in algebra and was commenting she'd have to find a way to refresh her own knowledge cause it was years since she'd done algebra. I'd come across the huge GED study book of bought 12-13 years ago (long story) when I was dejunking and it was in a box of stuff to go to recycling. She was thrilled to get it. Of course my husband is pleased with himself cause he was the one that had baulked at me throwing it away a while back.
    · Reply · Share
  • dentmom4dentmom4 1325 replies4 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Sounds like my H. He has a Popeye toy that he thinks is worth $1000. I think not; he played with it as a kid and it’s used. So, I told him to sell it because when he dies the kids will throw it out.
    · Reply · Share
    @dentmom: Let us know if he sells it and, if so, for how much. We'll all have a good chuckle.
    · Reply · Share
  • dentmom4dentmom4 1325 replies4 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Oh, he won’t sell it. He hasn’t sold anything he is holding onto because he thinks it has great value. He’s a true hoarder.

He’s got 40 years of Sports Illustrated. None of them mint in the sleeve. Last I checked 10 years couldn’t be sold for $10 on EBay.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38737 replies467 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Oh god. Mr. brought home a pile of old J. Med. Chem.... I asked if he ran out of space in the recycling bin at work... no, he wants these home in his home office!!! Egads. This stuff is easily available on the web... At least I weeded out some duplicates and chucked some random issues of JACS!!! While I was tidying up the library, I tossed a bunch of paperbacks and a box of little kid's tees that she saved up for no apparent reason. She has not touched them in 10 years... off they went.
    · Reply · Share
    @threebeans what a great present!

Half of tomorrow's consignment load is in the car, still need to get the box of handbags out the door. Appointment is tomorrow, and what the shop can't take will be happily donated!
    · Reply · Share
    @HouseChatte : If there are any used Chanels in your pile of handbags, I'll take them!
    · Reply · Share
    Lovely!!
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38737 replies467 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    My post got truncated; only the link posted. I was going to say that I completely understand the writer's feelings. Yes, the kids do not want our "treasures." I am so glad that the sentimental items we inherited from my husband's folks are very tiny. No furniture, no china, no silver, no artworks. We have not amassed any art or bulky valuables either, and we have trimmed our belongings and keep on trimming.
    · Reply · Share
    This afternoon husband and I burned several linear feet of late MIL's papers with account numbers SSNs, medical information.
    · Reply · Share