right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

The "Bag A Week" Club

Replies to: The "Bag A Week" Club

• HouseChatteHouseChatte 703 replies1 threadsRegistered User Member
    Three pair of jeans just joined the give-away pile.
    · Reply · Share
  • 1214mom1214mom 4549 replies180 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    A niece is moving into an apartment fairly close to us. We may finally be able to dump some of our excess furniture, including a couple of things that have been sitting in our “formal” living room for over a year now.
    I think I need to take off a couple of days this fall just to get rid of junk.
    · Reply · Share
    Started staging the next donation / consignment pile. Today I added a few unused wallets. Cleared out a drawer in one of our bedroom dressers.
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5504 replies136 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    D announced that she does not want any china, waterford, etc.
    Fine, but I do not want to have to deal with it.
    Met a woman at a shop today and she has just downsized and has a garage full of stuff. She is having an organization pick it up. Feels like all of us...what the?
    I told H I might learn to skeet shoot and use the china for that...
    · Reply · Share
  • VeryHappyVeryHappy 18517 replies324 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    What organization is picking it up?
    · Reply · Share
    @oregon101 got lots of china here, too. "Pull!"
    · Reply · Share
  • happymomof1happymomof1 29664 replies175 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 15
    I can't remember if I've told you all this yet. Niece1 is getting married next summer, and doesn't want disposable plates or flatware for the dinner afterward. When my sister priced rentals, she realized that it is cheaper to buy it all at thrift shops. Labor Day Weekend saw the arrival of many boxes of thrift shop treasures at my sister's place as family & friends arrived for the annual pig roast. Niece1 prefers delicate floral borders, and I now know what to look for. But lordy, those 200+ place settings will need to go somewhere when the wedding is over. Maybe I will suggest a post-wedding skeet shoot out behind the barn. ;)
    edited September 15
    · Reply · Share
  • kiddiekiddie 3409 replies216 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I sold some of my unwanted china dinner plates to a young lady in my town who was using them for her barn wedding. I saw after the wedding that she posted on a local facebook sale page all the plates she had used as a package deal for somebody else to use for their wedding. Your niece could do that after the wedding.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38904 replies468 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Got my hands on boxes of stuff from the good old days of Mr.'s office move and trimmed the contents down. Found a giant box of various tools he got somewhere on sale and never used! My stashes of shoes 👠 are now vindicated. 😎 We laughed.
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5504 replies136 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    CC forum CHINA skeet shoot club. I will host.
    I think I posted this but 7 years ago I needed plates for a reception for S an DIL.
    (and 8 month old grandson but that is another story)
    It was just before Christmas and at that time the only rental place was across town and $$> I went to a few dollar stores and bought dozens of dessert plates and luncheon plates and then forks and knives from Amazon. Used twice. cheaper than renting.
    offered free on Next Door--woman picked up and used for and event and then took to her place of work. A center for adolescents who were desperate for dishes and forks. All good.
    Now thinking maybe a day care would enjoy destroying my china and waterford LOL.
    · Reply · Share
    Took a groaning Hefty bag of clothes and bedding to donation center today.
    · Reply · Share
  • collage1collage1 1767 replies72 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Took a large box of clothes and a misc items to GW--so happy to have it out of my house!

And I had a few things that I really felt were too nice to just put in the GW bag. My sister expressed interest in a high end handbag and I dropped off a bag of nicer clothing at a friend's. I still have one pair of Aquatalia boots (worn only once, sadly) and a prada bag that I'm not sure what I'll do with.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38904 replies468 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @collage1 - resell on RealReal?
    · Reply · Share
  • 1214mom1214mom 4549 replies180 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I am “moving product.” Last weekend I took 2 bikes to a friend, for her grandson’s to use. We also took a kitchen table, an “ugly lamp,” and a tv stand to the niece who’s living fairly close by. Soon our formal living room will look normal again. My son’s GF wants another bike we have, and once we figure out what size she needs, one more bike will go to friend.
    · Reply · Share
  • psychmommapsychmomma 3058 replies46 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I dropped off a bag of miscellaneous baskets and trays at GW today.

I think October will be my big purge month.
    · Reply · Share
    DH just filled a grocery bag with blown out socks etc. and is taking it out to the trash.
    · Reply · Share
    Took a load of empty plant pots to Flower World for recycling. We owned this house for less than 3 years, but somehow managed to accumulate 100-plus of them!
    · Reply · Share
    Looks great @swimcatsmom !!
    · Reply · Share
  • mompopmompop 210 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @swimcatsmom I'm so impressed with your progress! Keep working a little at a time and before you know it, the clutter will diminish and your house will feel so much more peaceful. (I absolutely love to organize- I wish I lived in your neck of the woods so I could help you).
    · Reply · Share