right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

The "Bag A Week" Club

Replies to: The "Bag A Week" Club

• HouseChatteHouseChatte 522 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 522 Member
    So great to hear about the family member participation!
    · Reply · Share
  • collage1collage1 1677 replies69 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    The friend who's hosting Passover seder tonight and I were texting and she asked if I had any colored cloth napkins she could borrow. That led me to open up my cabinet with all my table linens...I don't think I've sorted through everything in there since I've had an empty next. Definitely don't need 3 hanukah runners, cloths that no longer match my dining room since we changed the carpet, etc. Already have 1/2 bag to pass along and not even done yet.

@swimcatsmom, huge congrats on getting your h to change his mindset and not only stop hindering but even supporting your efforts!!
    · Reply · Share
  • katliamomkatliamom 12745 replies167 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12,912 Senior Member
    @collage1 -- Kudos... for me such things are hard to part with. I would remember the runners and the meals they decorated and think "one of my kids might want it...."
    · Reply · Share
  • kiddiekiddie 3287 replies210 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,497 Senior Member
    The car guy was a complete waste of time - gave me a ridiculous low ball offer and then wanted to negotiate. I sent him packing. Now I need to get rid of the car another way.
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 522 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 522 Member
    Sorry it didn't work out @kiddie Thanks for reporting back.
    · Reply · Share
  • 1214mom1214mom 4438 replies176 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    We had new carptet installed yesterday, and I’m trying really hard to not put so much “stuff” back in our room. I filled a huge Bed Bath and Beyond bag with very nice clothes that I simply don’t need. I don’t plan to work many more years, and I don’t wear suits anymore. As I approach 60 (wow that sounds old), I don’t wear the same things I wore a couple of years ago. I feel like I have to get this bag out of the house before I start pulling things out of it...
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5406 replies134 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,540 Senior Member
    3 big bags went off today. Bought new throw pillows yesterday and off went the 16 year old ones...(yikes)
    · Reply · Share
  • bajammbajamm 1578 replies19 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,597 Senior Member
    Our town doesn't really do a curbside pick up of big, bulky things like some areas do. We do have a credit union that sponsors a big recycling day for these big, bulky items twice a year but we have to haul it there.

Today was the spring time day and they included shredding of up to 3 bank boxes full of stuff. So, we took two boxes of shredding in for them to do for us. (we don't need to get rid of any big bulky things right now, thank goodness)

It feels good to have that out of the laundry room!
    · Reply · Share
    DH has been making great headway through one of our two storage units. Three boxes of books and a dresser to the Goodwill today. Now I need to contact upholsterer and get the remaining loveseat and chairs out of there.
    · Reply · Share
    Having a hard day today, so I took a small tote bag of things to Goodwill. It helped. I'm not sure what that says about me. :smile:
    · Reply · Share
  • bearcatfanbearcatfan 1138 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,150 Senior Member
    Getting multiple loads over several weekends from my college student prior to official move out. I am going through the boxes and bags as they come, doing laundry and putting things away.

Also making a mental note of what I sent that came back unopened. Why did I send her with AA and AAA batteries? Nothing she owns takes those. Also sent her with multiple sizes of safety pins. Again, never used.

After we sit down and go through things, we will declutter that packing list for next year and hopefully take much less.
    · Reply · Share
  • 1214mom1214mom 4438 replies176 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    A box of books ready to go to new home... when I figure out where that is.
    · Reply · Share