Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Hotels in: Corvallis, Tucson, Seattle, LA

2»

Replies to: Hotels in: Corvallis, Tucson, Seattle, LA

• itstoomuchitstoomuch . Posts: 1,745 Senior Member
    In Corvallis, Holiday Inn Express. Few blocks to downtown, on west bank of Willamette River and balconys. Brand name and reputation.
  • MoominmamaMoominmama Registered User Posts: 827 Member
    Well, I hope it'll be sunny (warm is too much to hope for) when your son's team plays in Seattle:)
  • avoidingworkavoidingwork Registered User Posts: 786 Member
    For Seattle, my S and I had a great stay at the Watertown Hotel when we visited UW. It is 'hip-modern', walking distance to campus. We had good weather, so used their bike rentals. I also used their tech-cart, so we had internet access and a computer in the room. http://www.watertownseattle.com/
  • patientpatient Registered User Posts: 1,458 Member
    I just wanted to post an update on this thread since other parents may need hotels in these areas as they do college searches.

I had to pass on a trip to Corvallis as I had a work conflict; however, just got back from Tucson, and a stay at the University Marriott and it was great! The area around the hotel is lovely with lots of nice little shops and cafes/restaurants as well as Starbucks and right on the edge of campus. Particularly nice on the balmy evenings.

BTW, the name of the hotel my friend likes (her S is a senior at U of A) is the Arizona Inn, and it is close to the university too. I actually stayed one night at the Four Points Sheraton, which is also on the edge of campus, because the Marriott was full on my arrival day. The room was fine, and quiet, but the hotel was pretty dilapidated, stained rugs and dark halls, so I think that the Marriott is far nicer of the two.

Next up in May is Seattle. The team stays at the Silver Cloud Inn, so H (we have to take turns on these trips as our Ds have weekend games/etc.) is going to stay at the University Inn; all 3 of the U of W-area suggestions looked great, hard to choose (I also usually take a look at TripAdvisor although it is hard to judge the accuracy of the comments, but they were positive for the most part). Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.