right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

TaxCut vs TuboTax

2»

Replies to: TaxCut vs TuboTax

• peoplepeople 245 replies19 threads Junior Member
    SBDad, Both in NC State universities, so I'm actually rather spoiled compared to what folk are paying for privates. D had to turn down both GW and BU because neither forked over enough $$ to make them affordable. Still, no matter how you slice it or plan ahead, having two in college is a wild ride - Hold onto your hat!
    · Reply · Share
  • SBDadSBDad 787 replies60 threads Member
    NC is such a beautiful state. Stopped in Asheville on the way south from Michigan last year. What a beautiful place. Also had the pleaure of playing golf (poorly) at Pinehurst a few years back - on someone else's dime.
    · Reply · Share
  • TheDadTheDad ! 9905 replies323 threads Senior Member
    Just finally finished doing taxes two days ago, doing the FAFSA and Profile yesterday. I think a root canal is more enjoyable.

I'm in that awkward tax situation where my taxes are tedious and a little complicated but I don't have lots of complicated investment & depreciation questions, so by the time I have the info organized, it's easier for me to just plug everything into MacinTax...or TurboTax on the Mac as it's more appropriately called now.

2005 was the first year that I started a rigorous daily tax diary system. The bad news is that made collating info very tedious. And I've spotted some holes that I need to fill in terms of some expenses being missed. But the who/where/why of entertainment expenses, for example, are now linked directly to the auto mileage/expenses and it feels very thorough.

SBDad, out of curiosity, do you handle many accounts for people in the creative (artistic) fields? Even here in L.A., there aren't that many CPA's who understand the tax side of writers, actors, etc.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity