right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Wisdom Teeth & Sports

eng_dudeeng_dude 405 replies7 discussions. Posts: 412 Member
edited April 2006 in Parent Cafe
somemom wrote:
If your son were having his wisdom teeth out, how long would you make him wait before returning to a full football workout and strenuous games?

Ummm...why wouldn't you just ask your dentist/oral surgeon? Or do you not trust his "wisdom" on this one?

Weird. I posted this in response to the OP's question below
edited April 2006
11 replies
Post edited by eng_dude on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Wisdom Teeth & Sports

• somemomsomemom 10790 replies321 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 11,111 Senior Member
    If your son were having his wisdom teeth out, how long would you make him wait before returning to a full football workout and strenuous games?
    · Reply · Share
  • aaron56aaron56 2015 replies62 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,077 Senior Member
    lol. how d'u quote a future post?
    · Reply · Share
  • w1ckedw1cked 1629 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,634 Member
    How very odd. It must be a server bug.
    Time to invest in the stock market
    . My post shows ahead of it, even though I posted later.
    · Reply · Share
  • eng_dudeeng_dude 405 replies7 discussions. Posts: 412 Member
    aaron56 wrote:
    lol. how d'u quote a future post?

LOL. I think its time to invest very, very heavily in the major stock markets!
    · Reply · Share
    Must be multiple servers where the server's clocks are not in synch. Depends on which server you are "connected" to when you post, mebbe?
    · Reply · Share
  • aaron56aaron56 2015 replies62 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,077 Senior Member
    yea.. sounds logical! but tht wouldn't realy help with the stock markets, would it?
    · Reply · Share
  • SplashMomSplashMom 1899 replies99 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,998 Senior Member
    I think it depends mostly on the recovery of the patient. My DD had all four of her wisdom teeth cut out and was on pain killers (Mepergan) for a day and a half and then took Motrin for the pain. On day number three, she felt fine to return to all of her normal activities. My nephew, who plays every sport under the sun, returned to his normal games, practice, etc. a couple of days after his surgery. I wasn't the typical case. I only had two wisdom teeth to be removed (early morning) and we went out for pizza later that evening. Good luck to your son.
    · Reply · Share
    aaron56 wrote:
    yea.. sounds logical! but tht wouldn't realy help with the stock markets, would it?

I was just joking about that, of course. ya know, being able to manipulate time cuz I could post answers to questions BEFORE they were asked! Anyway, sorry to the OP to take over this thread...
    · Reply · Share
  • fourkidsmomfourkidsmom 723 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 737 Member
    my son just had his out last weekend. He was decent over the weekend and then had to have his re-packed with dressing twice. It all depends on your child, their drive for activity and recovery times. I doubt he could play within 48 hours for fear of knocking loose the clots and healing. I do agree with the ones above, check with the surgeon!
    · Reply · Share
  • somemomsomemom 10790 replies321 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 11,111 Senior Member
    My student made their own arrangements to have the wisdom teeth out the day after finals, so I do not know the surgeon at all...scary! Anyway, just realised it is only three weeks until competition in a contact sport at the international level and I figured I would get better information, faster, too, from CC than trying to find the oral surgeon info with kids on spring break!
    · Reply · Share
  • overseasoverseas 2872 replies53 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,925 Senior Member
    Somemom, I am bugging mine to go to a local college town dentist. His were infected over the spring break and are fine now...he says. But his voice sounds funny. So he said he would make an appointment to get a recommendation of what to do. He has xrays already and has his lower 2 impacted. I was hoping to wait to the end of the summer and have it done here, but I am not so sure now......
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity