right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

When is best time to buy plane tickets for summer travel to Caribbean?

1214mom1214mom 4633 replies184 threads Senior Member
We will be going from a DC area airport to Grand Cayman in early July. In previous summers it seems like tickets were cheaper than they are this year. I can't decide if I should go ahead and buy them (over 500 each), or if I should keep hoping for a sale. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: When is best time to buy plane tickets for summer travel to Caribbean?

• YoHoYoHoYoHoYoHo 1970 replies31 threads Senior Member
    Ticket prices are usually the cheapest on Tuesdays. (I like to buy them on Mon nights). Go on kayak.com and do a search. On kayak.com, they often have a feature that shows the ticket prices and how they have been fluctuating daily. You can follow the prices for a few weeks and then buy them on a Tues. Kayak can also send you emails as the prices change. However, I have noticed that airline tickets seem to be pretty high priced for this summer's trips. .
    · Reply · Share
  • Emaheevul07Emaheevul07 5890 replies76 threads Senior Member
    I bought our plane tickets from Detroit to St Lucia for next month in October and they were about $500 each then, too, maybe a little more. This was for a Tuesday to Tuesday trip with one layover and this price was a steal compared to our other options at the time.
    · Reply · Share
  • 1214mom1214mom 4633 replies184 threads Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks. They are up over 550 now. I guess I better make the leap
    edited April 2014
    · Reply · Share
    Btw ema... I hope you have a wonderful time on your honeymoon. When I was married back in the late 80s we stayed at a Couples Resort in st. Lucia. We loved it.
    · Reply · Share
    I have no idea why, but tickets came down today and I bought them. YEAH...
    · Reply · Share
  • deb922deb922 5741 replies195 threads Senior Member
    That's great 1214mom! Have a great trip! We were in Cayman a year ago and had a great time. Do you dive?
    · Reply · Share
  • cincy galcincy gal 273 replies25 threads Junior Member
    I have a timeshare in Grand Cayman, so I go every year. If you want activity or restaurant suggestions, let me know.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity