Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Has anyone been following the Flint water crisis?

15678911»

Replies to: Has anyone been following the Flint water crisis?

• soccerguy315soccerguy315 Registered User Posts: 7,245 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    impossible, everyone knows the Republicans are to blame because they are racist.

(sarcasm)
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 41,508 Senior Member
    ^ is that supposed to be bait?
  • partyof5partyof5 Registered User Posts: 2,674 Senior Member
    This is one big cluster#$%^@, on all sides. In the meantime, residents are getting no relief.
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Registered User Posts: 33,923 Senior Member
    I think that's what's been lost in all of this. The residents STILL have undrinkable water. The residents are STILL using bottled water for literally everything... bathing, brushing their teeth, washing their hands, and so on. Can anyone imagine that? I certainly can't, and I've been there.
  • zobrowardzobroward Registered User Posts: 3,933 Senior Member
    the problem is that even if 50 billion dollars feel from the sky and it was 100% for digging up and replacing the pipes, sewer plants, water treatment plants, installing modern sensors and equipment it would still take 5-10-15 years to redo. I have watched a 5-6 year small project near my office. not even close to being done. lots of people standing in a circle talking , a couple of guys sleeping on backhoes and bulldozers. so sad...it is like saturday night live did a skit about public works projects and it was 100% spot on. flint...even if the money was of zero issue needs a major major major redo! it may never actually happen. it is sad.
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Registered User Posts: 33,923 Senior Member
    Yes you are absolutely right, zobro. However, the least they could do is deliver water rather than making people go get them several times a week. Or, you know, provide the large water jugs rather than small bottles of water. Or, a bunch of other things that would make their lives easier.
  • partyof5partyof5 Registered User Posts: 2,674 Senior Member
    Charges finally! But this doesnt help the poor families that have a lifetime of medical issues.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/29/us/flint-water-crisis-charges/
This discussion has been closed.