Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Store-A-Tooth Stem Cells for Life

threeofthreethreeofthree Registered User Posts: 1,064 Senior Member
Just wondering if anyone on CC has heard/used or researched this company/services and if this makes any sense to do? I tried to search CC but STORE TOOTH and STEM bring back every shopping, dental, and engineering post on the website? Sounds very interesting.

Replies to: Store-A-Tooth Stem Cells for Life

• threeofthreethreeofthree Registered User Posts: 1,064 Senior Member
    Wow - so much more than I've picked in a quick search - so how much do I owe you for this? Thanks for getting me on the right track!
  • NotVerySmartNotVerySmart Registered User Posts: 1,670 Senior Member
    I either have too much time on my hands, have the paranoia to work for the FBI, or am just making a mountain out of a molehill. Definitely ask the opinion of someone who knows more about the medical specialty in question than I do before coming to any definitive conclusions, because I could be completely wrong about this company.

If any of this does eventually prove helpful, I'm glad I could be of use.
  • menloparkmommenloparkmom Registered User Posts: 12,917 Senior Member
    VERY impressive research @NotVerySmart!!
    you'll be my go to guy if I have any questions re startup biotech conmpanies!
  • CADREAMINCADREAMIN Registered User Posts: 5,465 Senior Member
    I think you provided a great outline to follow to analyze just about any company @notverysmart! You certainly are not living up to your user name :D
  • HImomHImom Registered User Posts: 34,237 Senior Member
    I've asked relatives who are dentists as well as our personal dentist and oral surgeon. None are impressed with this "service."
  • threeofthreethreeofthree Registered User Posts: 1,064 Senior Member
    Thanks - now I'm interested in any research and clinical trials of adult stem cell use in battling dementia which my mother unfortunately has and is progressing rather fast.
  • ClaireaClairea Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    We looked into this briefly because my daughter will be having her wisdom teeth removed soon and has a condition for which stem cell therapy is promising. A friend who works at Tufts dental school confirmed that there is a lot of research being done with dental stem cells. However, the costs associated with this company's services were very high and the general thought from people in the field we spoke with was that her age at the time stem cells are recovered isn't likely to be crucial, so we did not pursue it.
This discussion has been closed.