right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Kitchen Remodel

Replies to: Kitchen Remodel

• doschicosdoschicos 20256 replies209 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 20,465 Senior Member
    @Consolation I actually have one of the DLC10 models. I think I know the part you and @fretfulmother mother mean now, and actually mine broke awhile ago but I just hold the cover down with one hand while I use it. Anyway, the whole bowl set needs to be replaced for that reason and because parts of the bottom of the bowl have broken off and I have a crack in the side. It's truly on its last legs. And this past week, the stem of the shredder disk snapped off. I've only found one place on line that has the parts and its $90 for the bowl set and $27 for the shredder desk before shipping. Makes me wonder if its worth replacing or just trying a new machine. :/
    · Reply · Share
  • porcupine98porcupine98 1593 replies27 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,620 Senior Member
    Also a member of the Old Cuisinart club. Vintage 1979 or 80 I think.
    · Reply · Share
  • MaterSMaterS 1806 replies51 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,857 Senior Member
    Mine broke in the same way. I think it's worth it to replace it and get a new sharp blade. That's what I did.
    · Reply · Share
  • ConsolationConsolation 22846 replies184 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,030 Senior Member
    @doschicos, is it this place?

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/

I think that's the place I've used before. This one is a good firm, if they have what you need. I used to buy chocolate-making equipment from them:

http://www.bakedeco.com/dept.asp?id=868
    · Reply · Share
  • doschicosdoschicos 20256 replies209 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 20,465 Senior Member
    Thanks, @Consolation. I couldn't find the parts for my model on either of those sites but perhaps I am not looking right as they aren't super user friendly. I was looking here: http://www.kitchenworksinc.com/Cuisinart/Cuisinart-DLC-10-and-DLC-2007-Parts.aspx

I think I'm going to keep my eyes on ebay for awhile and see what I can find.

I guess I am a frugal person. I also still use a Braun coffee maker from 1984!
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 73028 replies3179 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 76,207 Senior Member
    I have the DLC 7 Pro also...same vintage...all original parts...and it works just fine.
    · Reply · Share
  • ConsolationConsolation 22846 replies184 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,030 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    @doschicos, I use everything until it falls apart. :) My Cuisinart has seen a lot of hard use, which is why I'v had to replace the parts so much. I used to grind pounds of chocolate with it almost every day, made all of our bread in it...

I'd really like to get a new blade, but I'm hesitant to spend $40 on one when the thing is so old and may conk out unexpectedly...yes, I am frugal too. :)

BTW, I highly recommend the flat work bowl cover, if you do decide to get new parts.
    edited February 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • EarlVanDornEarlVanDorn 1196 replies87 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,283 Senior Member
    @doschicos My wife and I learned how to do tile some years back, and have done a few smaller floors and countertops. It's a good way to save money on renovation costs. It's not that hard. A friend of my wife's insisted that she teach her how to do a backsplash when she heard that we had done our own. She was not to be outdone, despite the fact that they have enough money to pay for a million backsplashes.

@fretfulmother We found the full-over-full bunkbed with an Internet search. It was custom made by a preacher who made them as a sideline. It's incredibly sturdy, has a lot of wood in it, and does not shake at all. It cost something like $400. The guy said he made bunches of them, both twin and full sized, for duck and deer camps in the Mississippi and Arkansas Delta. We tried to get in touch with him for a friend, and unfortunately he has gone to a church in Oklahoma, so no more bunk beds for our area. It will be very easy to convert into a loft bed for college, should my son wish or need to do so.
    · Reply · Share
    10 years old but still relevant per our Cuisinart discussion today:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/28/fashion/thursdaystyles/28online.html?_r=0
    · Reply · Share
  • greenwitchgreenwitch 8623 replies41 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,664 Senior Member
    I bought Cuisinart replacement parts from Cuisinart itself, but that was about 10 years ago. Do they not do that anymore?

P.S. I wish I had replaced the whole plastic "bowl". Now I have plastic parts in different colors since they change a bit as they age but I think nothing can kill that motor!

P.P.S. As well as they make food processors, they make terrible blenders.
    · Reply · Share
    Cuisnart doesn't seem to sell the parts for the older models.
    · Reply · Share
    My Cuisinart stick blender has bitten the dust, as did the MiniChop I had ages ago. But the DL7 SuperPro processes on! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 73028 replies3179 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 76,207 Senior Member
    Looking around my house. I have a very pretty small seiko mantel clock that is 35 years old. I love it.

· Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38242 replies463 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 38,705 Senior Member
    How exciting. Congrats, and thanks for the update!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity