right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Physical therapy advice for a newbie

2»

Replies to: Physical therapy advice for a newbie

• PizzagirlPizzagirl 40174 replies320 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Someone who explains exactly why they are recommending the exercises they are. I messed up my ankle 4 years ago (fell on ice) and without the PT I never would have been able to run.
    · Reply · Share
  • amom2girlsamom2girls 464 replies8 threadsRegistered User Member
    my 16 year old is training for 22 hrs/week in ballet and when she hurt herself we used a sports Dr and PT who specialize in dancers (she trains at a pre-pro school so I knew exactly who to go to). If she didn't attend her school I would have phoned the professional ballet company and asked who they used. My younger daughter injured herself playing basketball. She went to the same PT group, but to a therapist who specializes in sports injuries. They both understood the injuries and what the girls needed in order to get back to their respective actives. (unlike her primary doctor who asked why she needed to hold her leg higher than a 90 degree angle;) They each came out of therapy stronger and with an understanding of why they were hurt and what to do to avoid the injury.
    · Reply · Share
  • kandcsmomkandcsmom 610 replies22 threadsRegistered User Member
    Please make sure they take your insurance. PT is expensive (but worth it) and you don't need that out of pocket expense
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity