right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Share and Tell - New Year's Eve Plans

Replies to: Share and Tell - New Year's Eve Plans

• 1214mom1214mom 4439 replies176 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,615 Senior Member
    I am in Gettysburg with my husband's family. We have two houses on a working farm. Each family brought 2 appetizers and we will supplement with pizza for kids (13 - 23) if they want it. I am not into football but we have several who are, and multiple TVs. And lots of wine.
    · Reply · Share
  • sseamomsseamom 4880 replies25 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,905 Senior Member
    H and I decided years ago to just make ourselves a nice dinner and stay home. Now that H has both a smoker and a good grill, we''re set as far as food goes. He is smoking a prime rib from one of the best butchers in town, and grilling vegetables to go with it, and those who are not low-carb will also have loaded baked potatoes. I'm trying to replicate a blue cheese sauce from our favorite steakhouse, while H is making a horseradish sauce for himself. He will have his favorite microbrew and I have a little split of champagne.

Sseakid is going with friends to see one of them dance at church-I'm not happy about them being on the road on New Year's Eve though. We will stay up until she's home, which should be about 1 a.m., which is WAY past our bedtime. At least we can all sleep in tomorrow.
    · Reply · Share
  • toledotoledo 4756 replies289 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,045 Senior Member
    @BunsenBurner
    Make sure you're not mixing the antibiotics Flagyl (metronidazole), Tindamax (tinidazole) and Bactrim (trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole) with alcohol. Violent vomitting can occur.

We're having another couple over for appetizers and drinks and then heading out to a 7:15 dinner reservation. We never make it until midnight.
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 18863 replies847 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 19,710 Senior Member
    Pizzagirl, I LOVE your evening !!!

· Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 32676 replies349 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 33,025 Senior Member
    Dinner out with D1 and the bf, then home to binge watch! This is the first time I can remember that it won't be ridiculously cold outside. There may be fireworks at midnight (usually do, sometimes don't, and I don't feel like checking.) I can sort of see them from the back window, though the house behind us blocks most of it. Still, I stand there for a minute or two, to see what I can.
    · Reply · Share
  • woodlandsmomwoodlandsmom 408 replies10 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 418 Member
    I've made meatballs, buffalo chicken dip, fried cheese and a veggie tray. I'm sure we will watch football all night. (4 boys and 2 men and me) I may sneak upstairs with a glass of Chardonnay and my new thriller. All of you sound much more exciting than me. ☺️
    · Reply · Share
  • emilybeeemilybee 13139 replies35 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13,174 Senior Member
    My moms in the hospital so I'm here in Florida with her so H and I are going to have a FaceTime date. I told him no later than 9pm because I'll be asleep after that. It's exhausting sitting in a hospital all day.
    · Reply · Share
  • SouthFloridaMom9SouthFloridaMom9 3416 replies30 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,446 Senior Member
    No plans at all . . . supposed to have friends over but younger son is sick with a nasty cold. :(
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38411 replies465 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 38,876 Senior Member
    "Make sure you're not mixing the antibiotics Flagyl (metronidazole), Tindamax (tinidazole) and Bactrim (trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole) with alcohol. Violent vomitting can occur."

Toledo, thanks, good warning for everyone - drug metabolism is one of my specialties. ;) There will be a ton of dancing and maybe two sips of bubbly at midnight. The meds I am taking are OK, but I am taking no chances. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • oldfortoldfort 22784 replies289 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,073 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    D1 rented a house out in Hamptons with her friends. D2 is going to a NYE party. We were going to cook a dinner at home before she went out, but I decided we should get dressed to go out for a nice NYE dinner in NYC. We are pre-gaming right now with my favorite champagne - the Veuve. I will be in my PJs by 9 tonight to watch the the ball drop.

Happy New Year!
    edited December 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • MomofJandLMomofJandL 1575 replies30 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,605 Senior Member
    This will be year 17 of getting together with the same group of neighbors. It started when we all had young kids, who played in the basement while the parents had a party upstairs, and everybody could walk home. A few have moved outside the neighborhood and a few have moved in and joined the party, but mostly the same group. Great to have old friends and watch the kids turn into adults.

We'll wander on over around 9 with an appetizer and champagne. We used to send the kids out with sparklers at 11 pm CST (midnight on the east coast with the ball drop on TV) and tell them that was midnight. Now we hope they'll all get home safely from wherever they are. We still do fireworks at CST midnight, which DH provides every year. The local flooding made getting to the fireworks store an adventure, but failure was not an option. Just hope we manage to set them off without any attention from the local authorities. No risk of fire this year.

Safe and happy New Year to all.
    · Reply · Share
  • TonyKTonyK 1108 replies26 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,134 Senior Member
    emilybee,

I fully understand what you went through today. Hope a new year brings your family peace and health.

It's 8:24 PM and I just got home from the hospital. My wife had a doctor's appt today and discovered she has pneumonia in both lungs so off we went to the emergency room. My son had to pinch hit for me and finish making our first pizza with dough made in the bread maker we bought each other for Christmas. So I'm chewing on crunchy crust waiting for my wife to call me from her room tonight.

Have A Happy New Year!
    · Reply · Share
  • ClaremontMomClaremontMom 2365 replies41 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,406 Senior Member
    Just got home today from a cruise , so I've had enough late night partying to last me quite a while (lots of fun, but I need a vacation from my vacation now!). Tonight will be a quiet evening at home...probably find a movie to watch.
    · Reply · Share
  • bookwormbookworm 8762 replies72 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,834 Senior Member
    Emily & tony, my best to you. I recall spending NY's day in ER with son.
    · Reply · Share
  • emilybeeemilybee 13139 replies35 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13,174 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    @bookworm, I'm here for the foreseeable future - maybe we can meet for lunch or dinner. My mom missed a step and fell into a marble pillar with a stone base and broke 5 ribs and punctured her lung. Fortunately she has no other medical issues so while it'll be a long recovery she should be fine. They already moved her to rehab floor of hospital and she started PT today - but I'm still going to be needed here to take care of her dog and to be at the hospital for part of the day. Let me know if you can meet up.

@TonyK, best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.
    edited December 2015
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity