right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

dstarkdstark 33322 replies919 threads Senior Member
edited December 2015 in Parent Cafe
I just watched the episode with Jerry Seinfeld and our president.

So Good! Both of them!

So I thought I would post this link....

After you click on the first box with the president and Jerry...you may have to scroll down...there will be another box and that is the one with the show. Maybe the box says Playing.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/president-barack-obama-just-tell-him-you-re-the-president
edited December 2015
19 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

• BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 41239 replies479 threads Senior Member
    That is one cool car! And a pretty good show. :) Thanks for sharing. The link took me right to the show.
    · Reply · Share
  • OnwardOnward 2969 replies82 threads Senior Member
    Thanks, I enjoyed that. Cool car!
    · Reply · Share
  • WasatchWriterWasatchWriter 2432 replies96 threads Senior Member
    That's great! So fun to see the president loosen up.
    · Reply · Share
  • katliamomkatliamom 13973 replies170 threads Senior Member
    That was really fun, thanks dstark.

"You about ready?"
    "Got some stuff to do."
    · Reply · Share
  • TonyKTonyK 1108 replies26 threads Senior Member
    GM must have been asleep at the wheel to not run a Corvette commercial in this episode.

Both of them seem down to earth and more rational than other politicians and comedians. Not that there's anything wrong with irrational people.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 41239 replies479 threads Senior Member
    Looking forward to another episode. Mr. B's reaction: "That's what Jay will be doing with his collection!"
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama 84339 replies1049 threads Forum Champion
    Cool car. Love Jerry Seinfeld!
    · Reply · Share
  • haydenhayden 4359 replies55 threads Senior Member
    Pretty funny. His description of the first night sleeping in the White House was interesting, amd I loved his comparison of the presidency to football. Thanks, dstark.
    · Reply · Share
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon 3254 replies45 threads Senior Member
    Loved how they tried to get through the gate!
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 23974 replies2404 threads Super Moderator
    I thought it was one of the most enjoyable CICGC episodes.
    · Reply · Share
  • menloparkmommenloparkmom 12694 replies551 threads Senior Member
    very funny!
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 21291 replies914 threads Senior Member
    First one I've watched - love Jerry and LOVE President Obama! I can listen to that man talk all day......
    · Reply · Share
  • VaBluebirdVaBluebird 3522 replies247 threads Senior Member
    That was great. Really enjoyed it.
    · Reply · Share
  • haydenhayden 4359 replies55 threads Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I know this was just pure entertainment, but I've been thinking further about it and I think I see something important in this interview. When Seinfield asks the president what sport he thinks the presidency is, Obama thinks about it for a while, but ends up saying football.

Some of us would explain the connection by saying that after struggling to move forward, you salvage the situation with a punt, or maybe we'd talk about the importance of teamwork. Or the exhilaration of successful strategy putting your guy in the end zone for 6.

Obama, I think, expressed a thought process that must drive all successful politicians. Sure, he said, you have to punt a lot, but you have the ball, you look at the field in front of you, and then suddenly you see an opening, then open field. So telling. So optimistic. It must be the basis for any politician willing to serve at those levels, that you get the bad times, but then you get an opening and you go.
    edited December 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • hrh19hrh19 888 replies1 threads Member
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
    · Reply · Share
  • dstarkdstark 33322 replies919 threads Senior Member
    The questions that Jerry asks... I ask similar questions in real life. Maybe that is why I don't get invited back to places. :)

The scene in the president's car...when Jerry says he is going to get a President's Seal.. I love Obama's response.

"You can't have that!".

I love that response and Obama's body language!
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 57663 replies3023 threads Senior Member
    I liked the:
    O: "I knew that wouldn't work"
    S: "You didn't sell it"
    · Reply · Share
  • katliamomkatliamom 13973 replies170 threads Senior Member
    Jerry Seinfeld was very good in this bit - his questions and just his "fun-ness" made this a very good interview. Obama was more relaxed and more revealing than in most of his TV appearances. Kudos to Jerry.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity