Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

dstarkdstark Registered User Posts: 34,241 Senior Member
edited December 2015 in Parent Cafe
I just watched the episode with Jerry Seinfeld and our president.

So Good! Both of them!

So I thought I would post this link....

After you click on the first box with the president and Jerry...you may have to scroll down...there will be another box and that is the one with the show. Maybe the box says Playing.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/president-barack-obama-just-tell-him-you-re-the-president

Replies to: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

• BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Registered User Posts: 38,647 Senior Member
    That is one cool car! And a pretty good show. :) Thanks for sharing. The link took me right to the show.
  • OnwardOnward Registered User Posts: 2,961 Senior Member
    Thanks, I enjoyed that. Cool car!
  • WasatchWriterWasatchWriter Registered User Posts: 2,528 Senior Member
    That's great! So fun to see the president loosen up.
  • katliamomkatliamom Registered User Posts: 12,879 Senior Member
    That was really fun, thanks dstark.

"You about ready?"
    "Got some stuff to do."
  • TonyKTonyK Registered User Posts: 1,134 Senior Member
    GM must have been asleep at the wheel to not run a Corvette commercial in this episode.

Both of them seem down to earth and more rational than other politicians and comedians. Not that there's anything wrong with irrational people.
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Registered User Posts: 38,647 Senior Member
    Looking forward to another episode. Mr. B's reaction: "That's what Jay will be doing with his collection!"
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 84,905 Forum Champion
    Cool car. Love Jerry Seinfeld!
  • haydenhayden Registered User Posts: 4,415 Senior Member
    Pretty funny. His description of the first night sleeping in the White House was interesting, amd I loved his comparison of the presidency to football. Thanks, dstark.
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon Registered User Posts: 2,928 Senior Member
    Loved how they tried to get through the gate!
  • happy1happy1 Forum Champion Parents, Forum Champion Admissions Posts: 24,534 Forum Champion
    I thought it was one of the most enjoyable CICGC episodes.
  • menloparkmommenloparkmom Registered User Posts: 12,916 Senior Member
    very funny!
  • abasketabasket Registered User Posts: 19,536 Senior Member
    First one I've watched - love Jerry and LOVE President Obama! I can listen to that man talk all day......
  • VaBluebirdVaBluebird Registered User Posts: 3,398 Senior Member
    That was great. Really enjoyed it.
  • haydenhayden Registered User Posts: 4,415 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I know this was just pure entertainment, but I've been thinking further about it and I think I see something important in this interview. When Seinfield asks the president what sport he thinks the presidency is, Obama thinks about it for a while, but ends up saying football.

Some of us would explain the connection by saying that after struggling to move forward, you salvage the situation with a punt, or maybe we'd talk about the importance of teamwork. Or the exhilaration of successful strategy putting your guy in the end zone for 6.

Obama, I think, expressed a thought process that must drive all successful politicians. Sure, he said, you have to punt a lot, but you have the ball, you look at the field in front of you, and then suddenly you see an opening, then open field. So telling. So optimistic. It must be the basis for any politician willing to serve at those levels, that you get the bad times, but then you get an opening and you go.
  • hrh19hrh19 Registered User Posts: 852 Member
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
This discussion has been closed.