Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

Replies to: 2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

• kelsmomkelsmom Registered User Posts: 15,485 Senior Member
    Please, please don't worry about those 10 pounds ... don't obsess about them if they are still there when the big day comes.
  • daylily1daylily1 Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    @jym626 I lost some on my own and then joined Noom. I think this is the healthiest, nongimicky way I've ever lost weight. I think I can see myself keeping it off this time.
  • jym626jym626 Registered User Posts: 57,360 Senior Member
    Congrats! Ive seen the noom ads on fbk and I think someone here asked about it.Will look into it.
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon Registered User Posts: 2,926 Senior Member
    ^^^Sounds like everything is coming together for a perfect day!
  • travelnuttravelnut Registered User Posts: 1,955 Senior Member
    All the best, @powercropper. Take in those special moments.
    @powercropper hoping for a wonderful day!
    Is anyone doing gift bags for out-of-town guests? What did you put in them? If you've received one, what was good to have?
  • runnersmomrunnersmom Registered User Posts: 2,167 Senior Member
    @daylily1, gift bags have been discussed in depth on this thread so you might be able to search for those posts. In our case, I made gift boxes that were in all the guest rooms at the hotel. Some goodies that my guests enjoyed were customized m&ms, subway maps, water, favorite snacks of the bride and groom, and a mini-emergency kit (Advil, safety pins, band-aids etc.). They can be simple or elaborate, depending on your budget and patience, but our guests did comment on how much they appreciated this little touch.
  • oldfortoldfort Registered User Posts: 23,002 Senior Member
    edited May 30
    @rom828 - I am divorced also. My kid didn't want to invite their dad's SO to the wedding and he wasn't too happy about it. I was concerned it would be awkward, but both of us walked her down the aisle, everyone was on their best behavior and everything went off without any drama. I did everything I could to be pleasant, which included keeping any negativity out whenever I had to interact with my ex because it was all about my D that weekend. I think if your ex were to come, mostly likely he will behave and be there for your daughter. I was very apprehensive before the wedding, so I know how you feel.
  • rom828rom828 Registered User Posts: 1,512 Senior Member
    Thank you @oldfort. I followed your story and all others where parents behaviors are uncertain. It’s my S who is getting married and is inviting his dad with few expectations. I can only hope that he comes and it’s a non event. I would have never guessed I’d have this concern. People do change.
  • MarianMarian Registered User Posts: 13,217 Senior Member
    That's hysterical, @doschicos. Thanks for sharing it.