right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

Replies to: 2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

• bajammbajamm 1579 replies19 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,598 Senior Member
    It cost me $175 to have my D's dress cleaned, not boxed. It has lots of layers and beads. I had to take it in for an exact quote, though several cleaners told me over the phone what they started at.

I thinking boxing would have been another $75.

I did not pay for the boxing. She wore it in December in San Diego to be married in and then went to the beach for pictures. The hems were dirty from the beach.

She is wearing it again later this month at the delayed reception in the midwest, then she gets to keep it and do what she wants with it.
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 522 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 522 Member
    @runnersmom how exciting about your S2, looking forward to your update!
    · Reply · Share
  • oldfortoldfort 22783 replies289 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,072 Senior Member
    Congratulations.
    · Reply · Share
  • toledotoledo 4756 replies289 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,045 Senior Member
    edited June 16
    Another word of warning about wedding dress "preservation". My mother had my silk wedding gown dry-cleaned and boxed up. She got to worrying that the wrong dress might be in the box, so opened it up and was shocked at what she saw. It was my dress, with a 2" stain around the entire hem, which wasn't there when we took it in. She took it back and they tried several times, but were unable to get the stain out. They ended up reimbursing me for the purchase price. I never got it back, but I was happy with the money.
    edited June 16
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 54938 replies2852 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 57,790 Senior Member
    congrats, runnersmom!
    · Reply · Share
  • downtoearthdowntoearth 3373 replies19 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,392 Senior Member
    When I first go married I would not have sold my gown. I don't know what my daughter will do. I definitely would give it to a charity that uses them for such lovely reasons. I also can see using the material for a Christening gown. I had a Christening gown made and had the initials and date embroidered on the slip. I had it preserved. I hope its in good shape for the next generation after reading about the wedding dress. I am thinking about donating my wedding gown now to a good cause for the material.
    · Reply · Share
  • taskmstrxtaskmstrx 123 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    @downtoearth My mother in law had a christening gown made for my husband and his siblings. It’s now been worn by all of her grandchildren and will be worn soon by her first great grandchild . It’s still in perfect shape so I hope yours will be too. It’s a wonderful way to use a gown.
    · Reply · Share
  • tx5athometx5athome 3852 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,857 Senior Member
    Fabulous report @daylily1 Sounds perfect!!
    · Reply · Share
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon 2919 replies44 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,963 Senior Member
    The wedding sounds perfect! So glad it all went well for your

I’ll have to research dipped nails. Three weeks ago I got my first gel manicure. Not gel nails. A gel manicure. They still look perfect. Getting another gel manicure today. I’ll never go back to a basic manicure again.
    · Reply · Share
  • kelsmomkelsmom 15447 replies98 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 15,545 Senior Member
    I got a gel manicure for D's wedding, and I will never get one again. Yes, I am glad I got it for the wedding, and my nails looked great for weeks. But it was SO hard on my nails.
    · Reply · Share
  • momjrmomjr 2185 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,193 Senior Member
    @DayLily , Congratulations! The wedding sounds wonderful. I'm glad the weather cooperated and things worked out so well.

What is the difference between dipped nails and a gel manicure? I like the durability of gel manicures, but like @kelsmom, I hate what they do to my nails.
    · Reply · Share