right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

My Mom Ran My Tinder

doschicosdoschicos 22037 replies233 threads Senior Member
41 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: My Mom Ran My Tinder

• zobrowardzobroward 3741 replies193 threads Senior Member
    no way...no how!
    · Reply · Share
  • deb922deb922 5828 replies195 threads Senior Member
    Hmmm, my D just broke up with her boyfriend. Haha, lol! No way in heck!
    · Reply · Share
  • GMTplus7GMTplus7 14268 replies297 threads Senior Member
    @skieurope

A lot of moms here would be glad to monitor and set you up on Tinder.

Pay back... >:)
    · Reply · Share
  • zobrowardzobroward 3741 replies193 threads Senior Member
    new slogan for tinder:

TINDER MOTHER USED AND APPROVED!!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • SouthFloridaMom9SouthFloridaMom9 3416 replies30 threads Senior Member
    Cute article!
    · Reply · Share
  • greenwitchgreenwitch 8834 replies41 threads Senior Member
    D1 moved here after graduation and didn't know anyone. Met a guy on Tinder her first week and that was more than a year and a half ago and they're still happy together. You never know.....

But D1 can't stand not having a good size group of friends around. If she doesn't know anyone, she'll find a way to change that. There are "meet up" groups posted all the time too (a bunch of us are playing frisbee in the park at 6 on Friday, come join us!) and she would gamely show up for all sorts of things even when no one else showed up the first few times. Persistence pays off in all things!

I was hoping he would have at least one good date from his Mom!
    · Reply · Share
  • VeryHappyVeryHappy 18690 replies327 threads Senior Member
    Cute story. Well written. The guy has a good future! Surely one of us has a daughter who's the appropriate age!
    · Reply · Share
  • intparentintparent 36291 replies644 threads Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    That is the funniest thing I have read in ages. Weighing sending it to my single D... Edit: sent it with a note "Just to make your hair stand on end". I don't think she uses Tinder, but my niece does. I sent it to her, too. :)
    edited April 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • CCDD14CCDD14 1082 replies2 threads Senior Member

I am wondering how widespread is for CC parents to set up their high-achieving children with the children of other CC parents? There should be a thread for this purpose although the majority of the action is probably through PMs.
    · Reply · Share
  • VeryHappyVeryHappy 18690 replies327 threads Senior Member
    Back in the old days (that is, my era) it was considered creepy to find someone through a dating site.

Oh wait -- back in my era, dating sites didn't exist. Maybe I mean the personal ads.

Regardless, now it's quite common and not at all "shameful." Just read the Sunday New York Times "Vows" section. It mentions lots of times how the couple met, and it's often through a dating site.
    · Reply · Share
  • raclutraclut 3721 replies235 threads Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    We would need two threads.
    Moms and Dads of sons
    Moms and Dads of daughters
    Or maybe set it up by region.

Have any of you set up your kids on a blind date? For example with some friends kid who you thought would be just perfect. Personally I don't want to set up dd with anyone. When it's meant to be it will happen.
    I am thinking of the movie, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding."
    edited April 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • ignatiusignatius 3408 replies21 threads Senior Member
    My daughter got engaged in March. She met her fiancé through a dating app. She's quiet and not a bar/party/dance girl so this worked well for her. She texted back and forth with several young men and then met with one or two others before meeting her now-fiancé. All seemed very nice; one she had several dates with before they moved on. It turned out to be a great experience.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity