right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

The Grandparent Thread

alhalh 8482 replies47 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,529 Senior Member
Some of us have been on this board so long that now we are either grandparents or about to be grandparents - so I'm starting a thread for us. Because this is pretty exciting.

My daughter-in-law is expecting a boy!
914 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: The Grandparent Thread

• HImomHImom 33856 replies387 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 34,243 Senior Member
    :)>- :D :-c Someday, I'd like my kids to find good partners and start families if they would like that. I know I'd be thrilled if they are--I love little ones and for now and happy with my one grand niece and grand nephew.
    · Reply · Share
  • alhalh 8482 replies47 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,529 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    November ....

yours?

are you carrying around an ultra sound photo? Can anyone believe these new ultra sound photos???
    edited June 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • dstarkdstark 33322 replies919 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 34,241 Senior Member
    Mine too. :)

@jym626, someday it will happen.
    · Reply · Share
  • alwaysamomalwaysamom 12236 replies216 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12,452 Senior Member
    @alh Congrats! You are in for a world of fun. I've been a grandma for six years and it's the best. Truly the best!
    · Reply · Share
  • emilybeeemilybee 13130 replies35 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13,165 Senior Member
    Congrats alh, dstark and all the already grandparents.

I can't wait to be a gram but S is only 22 so I think I'll be waiting for years. :(
    · Reply · Share
  • alhalh 8482 replies47 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,529 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    juniebug: Can you sleep? Are they close? I love your grandmama name!

One of my great-grandmamas was "Big Mama"

That is what I want my name to be! (I'm 5'1")

But I'm not asking for anything. I'm only going to say if someone asks me. I'll answer to anything.
    edited June 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • juniebugjuniebug 515 replies38 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 553 Member
    @alh, I'm sleeping better than DIL! And I'm far away : (. I plan to visit often, though. Congrats to you, too!
    · Reply · Share