right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

The Grandparent Thread

alhalh 8487 replies47 threads Senior Member
Some of us have been on this board so long that now we are either grandparents or about to be grandparents - so I'm starting a thread for us. Because this is pretty exciting.

My daughter-in-law is expecting a boy!
1037 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: The Grandparent Thread

• HImomHImom 34441 replies392 threads Senior Member
    :)>- :D :-c Someday, I'd like my kids to find good partners and start families if they would like that. I know I'd be thrilled if they are--I love little ones and for now and happy with my one grand niece and grand nephew.
    · Reply · Share
  • alhalh 8487 replies47 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    November ....

yours?

are you carrying around an ultra sound photo? Can anyone believe these new ultra sound photos???
    edited June 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • dstarkdstark 33322 replies919 threads Senior Member
    Mine too. :)

@jym626, someday it will happen.
    · Reply · Share
  • alwaysamomalwaysamom 12276 replies217 threads Senior Member
    @alh Congrats! You are in for a world of fun. I've been a grandma for six years and it's the best. Truly the best!
    · Reply · Share
  • emilybeeemilybee 13147 replies35 threads Senior Member
    Congrats alh, dstark and all the already grandparents.

I can't wait to be a gram but S is only 22 so I think I'll be waiting for years. :(
    · Reply · Share
  • alhalh 8487 replies47 threads Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    juniebug: Can you sleep? Are they close? I love your grandmama name!

One of my great-grandmamas was "Big Mama"

That is what I want my name to be! (I'm 5'1")

But I'm not asking for anything. I'm only going to say if someone asks me. I'll answer to anything.
    edited June 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • juniebugjuniebug 538 replies38 threads Member
    @alh, I'm sleeping better than DIL! And I'm far away : (. I plan to visit often, though. Congrats to you, too!
    · Reply · Share
  • snowballsnowball 2721 replies245 threads Senior Member
    I am bookmarking this thread in the hopes that I can make an announcement in the near future! My DIL is ready to have children, it is just a matter of when it happens. We haven't seen them since Thanksgiving and will be visiting this weekend with them; I will be keeping a sharp eye on what she does (or doesn't drink); usually that is the give away!! ;)
    · Reply · Share
  • my-3-sonsmy-3-sons 2922 replies49 threads Senior Member
    Congratulations, you will love being a grandparent! We have a two year old granddaughter who has stolen all our hearts. Her little sister is due in September!
    · Reply · Share
  • travelnuttravelnut 1965 replies15 threads Senior Member
    Hurrah for all the grandparents and grandparents to be. Like some others, I'll have to call this the vicarious thrills thread for now.
    · Reply · Share
  • dstarkdstark 33322 replies919 threads Senior Member
    @frazzled1, @alwaysamom, all grandparents and all future grandparents, congratulations.

@emilybee, thanks.

@alh, I do have photos of my granddaughter's ultrasound. They are on my phone. In the latest photo, I can see her head and other parts of her body. It's amazing! Whenever my daughter or son-in-law sends me a new photo, I get a jolt of adrenalin or whatever it is running through me! It's an awesome feeling!

I agree with you about the ultrasound photos!
    · Reply · Share
  • alwaysamomalwaysamom 12276 replies217 threads Senior Member
    @dstark Yay for you! You are going to be a terrific grandfather!
    · Reply · Share