Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

holy toledo, what would you do?

124»

Replies to: holy toledo, what would you do?

• CCsiteObsessedCCsiteObsessed Registered User Posts: 576 Member
    Apparently DD's GC at her large urban HS had kids write their own LoRs and then he would sign them. He also did class scheduling and couldn't figure out DD's to save his life so she did it for him. Not the sharpest pencil in the box. He got fired October of her senior year. Since DD was Student Body President that year, the principal knew her pretty well so was able to write the LoR.
  • VaBluebirdVaBluebird Registered User Posts: 3,398 Senior Member
    Update: "He was accepted into an honors Architecture Program at the University of Cincinnati and offered a fantastic financial package along with that. Because of the counselor's screw-up, the last I heard he will be going to Ohio State University. ................While there is a School of Architecture at OSU, I don't think there's a comparable program to the one at UC, where students are selected and enter the honors program directly out of high school their freshman year..............She said it turned out that the counselor was eventually able to work something out with the people at University of Cincinnati and they offered him a spot in the program. However while all that was going on, Ohio State University offered him a full ride scholarship, so the family opted for the better financial package.">>>>>>>>>>

So, all's well that ended well. Sorry I brought it up as it seems we really didn't have the whole story in the beginning and it looked like the GC was a terrible slacker. Turns out he helped after all.
  • deega123deega123 Registered User Posts: 689 Member
    I am sympathetic towards school employees but also follow the trust but verify tactic. The flip side of this is if a student or parent ignored a school request for important paper work, the response would not be "oh, well".
This discussion has been closed.