Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Neighbor's dog

13»

Replies to: Neighbor's dog

• dmd77dmd77 Registered User Posts: 8,663 Senior Member
    I live in a neighborhood where most people have dogs. I have two of my own. We have a new neighbor with a dog who comes out of his house and howls every time he sees anyone in *our* yard. He has a dog door. You are all making me feel very fortunate, because the dog's person is very concerned that he not be a problem. We are gradually working the problem--my dogs will now stop quickly instead of fence-fighting, and the neighbor's dog now has a vastly improved recall as well. It wouldn't have happened if we hadn't talked about solutions.

All that said, we all try not to let the dogs out in that part of either yard in the very early morning.
  • lje62lje62 Registered User Posts: 5,618 Senior Member
    My dogs would gladly friend anyone , but that wouldn't mean they still wouldn't bark at them.
    They are corgis and they generally bark to alert us of anything they perceive as a threat. They are known to be barkers. They bark when anyone opens the gate, including us.
    The only neighbor who would actually be bothered by them is a night owl and he told me that they don't interfere with his sleep or bother him. They are not outside for longer than a potty break without us.
    We can hear the neighbor's dogs on the other side of our house.One of them yelps like it is being kicked in the head , pretty much on a daily basis , but neither of them disturb us.
This discussion has been closed.