Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Tell me somethin' good . . .

Replies to: Tell me somethin' good . . .

• LeastComplicatedLeastComplicated Registered User Posts: 1,034 Senior Member
    My two teenagers, who are typical and sort of annoying much of the time, made me totally crack up two days in a row this week.

Last night, I was in D2's room after her shower and she was telling me something with attitude and sort of 'dissing" me. I can't even remember what she was saying, but while she was saying it, she was wearing a turban made of an old beach towel around her head and it was sticking up about 3 feet into the air. I told her "Turn around and look in the mirror and say the same thing you just said to me." All she had to do was take one quick glance and we both burst out laughing!

D1, who likes to bond with me by ranting about things, came in after her basketball practice and told me about having to help with the new rising freshman. She said she was trying to teach them something and did her best to be patient and explain things simply. But she said "MOM! I was talking to them and looking them right in their eyes and trying to explain something, but I could tell that there was just not anything in there!". I just cracked up at her hilarious rant thinking to myself "Hmmm - that's sounds very familiar.."