Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

I can't believe I am posting this question!

snowballsnowball Registered User Posts: 2,707 Senior Member
My husband goes to the gym daily, and usually showers there unless it is an evening and he is coming straight home. The discussion came up about men who urinate in the shower X( When I replied that this was disgusting, I was told men do this all the time, and didn't I remember the Seinfeld episode? You can search for in on YouTube; it is called, Seinfeld Clip - George Caught Peeing In The Shower.

So without divulging family secrets, do you know other men that do this?

To share a cute story, when my son was 3, he came running into the kitchen and headed to the door to the backyard. When I asked where he was going, he said he was going to tee tee tree! This was something my husband has taught him when they were outside, so they didn't have to come in; only my son peed outside! I had to explain to him, while it was ok to pee outside when a bathroom was nearby, if he is in the house, or close to it, one must use one of the 3 toilets we had in the house. He was not happy with me at all.

Replies to: I can't believe I am posting this question!

• romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Registered User Posts: 32,540 Senior Member
    edited September 13
    The shower peeing is very common among both men and wonen.

ETA go look up survey data if you don't believe me. Over half of American adults admit it and I'm sure that's an under count.
  • doschicosdoschicos Registered User Posts: 14,458 Senior Member
    And in the pool, too!
  • MomofJandLMomofJandL Registered User Posts: 1,147 Senior Member
    Someone described George H.W. Bush as "the kind of man who steps out of the shower to pee." It wasn't meant as a complement.
  • garlandgarland Registered User Posts: 15,038 Senior Member
    H--"guys pee everywhere."

I never ever thought this was even ever a thing with women. Must recalculate possibilities.
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Registered User Posts: 32,511 Senior Member
    As one local redneck stated, "Real men need no toilet. Everywhere we go is our toilet!"
  • DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls Registered User Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    I honestly had not heard of this.
  • melvin123melvin123 Registered User Posts: 557 Member
    Besides dirtying the actual shower/tub, some septic systems handle "gray water" differently than toilet water, with some systems recycling gray water. Just something to think about....
  • AboutTheSameAboutTheSame Registered User Posts: 2,557 Senior Member
    I remember an email [pretty sure it was genuine] from Cambridge to its students asking them not to pee int he sinks in their rooms because of build-up [of what, I forget] in the pipes -- but of course we're talking 16th century or whatever pipes in that context.
  • TonyKTonyK Registered User Posts: 1,134 Senior Member
    Never have, never will.
  • kiddiekiddie Registered User Posts: 2,654 Senior Member
    edited September 13
    Recently my daughter's toilet in her apartment wasn't working- since it was late at night and maintenance wouldn't come fix it until the morning my suggestion to her was just pee in the tub if you need to go tonight.
    Peeing in the shower was a joke in the Jimmy Neutron cartoon movie (2001).
  • MarianMarian Registered User Posts: 12,532 Senior Member
    :)) :)) :))

I thought everybody peed in the shower.
  • MACmiracleMACmiracle Registered User Posts: 890 Member
    edited September 13
    This thread has made me laugh.
  • snowballsnowball Registered User Posts: 2,707 Senior Member
    edited September 13
    As the OP, I get, but don't like, when guys (or gals) use the shower when there is a toilet in the same room. I was thinking more of when it happens in a public shower; does it matter if it is a communal shower or a private stall?

I am glad I convinced my husband years ago to wear flip flops in the gym shower :)

BTW, when we were discussing this, my husbands said, ask your forum friends; you will see that everyone does this! He has faith that you will all agree with him!!