Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Thanksgiving 2017

1192021222325»

Replies to: Thanksgiving 2017

• my-3-sonsmy-3-sons Registered User Posts: 2,873 Senior Member
    So sorry for your family's loss, @Nrdsb4. How touching it must have been to watch your H and nephew carve the turkey. May you all continue to heal together. Hugs.
  • collage1collage1 Registered User Posts: 1,427 Senior Member
    Family just left a couple hours ago and catching up here. @Nrdsb4, I'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss. It really does sound very special that your nephew and dh could carry on the tradition together and I wish you all peace.

We had family start arriving Tuesday and the last ones are now gone. With the kids all grown up, we all had much more adult and engaging conversation than I recall in past years. Everyone was fun and a delight to be with and, surprisingly, it was my mom that ended up being a bit challenging. Still, dh did a great job with the meal, the cousins shared a great time and the siblings and in laws all connected. Thanksgiving really is a great holiday! D2 and D3 head back to the opposite coast tonight. Will be bittersweet but I do think dh and I are pretty happy with our empty nest!
  • lilmomlilmom Registered User Posts: 3,441 Senior Member
    @Nrdsb4, so sorry to hear about your BIL. The weight of a loss is so much heavier during the holidays. A few of my friends suffered losses this year and are also having to face the holidays without their loved ones.
  • 2VU06092VU0609 Registered User Posts: 3,323 Senior Member
    @Nrdsb4, just catching up and I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Your turkey carving story reminds us that is about the togetherness more than anything else.