Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Wedding shoes.

12345679»

Replies to: Wedding shoes.

• BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Registered User Posts: 38,637 Senior Member
    I love the sandals! Wish they came in leather, but the tahini color suede is lovely, too. Should be comfy in garden surfaces. :)
  • conmamaconmama Registered User Posts: 4,317 Senior Member
    @Massmomm ..I think they are perfect! Good find!
  • MassmommMassmomm Registered User Posts: 3,895 Senior Member
    @BunsenBurner I wanted leather--it's a lot more practical. I was madly googling whether it's okay to wear suede in the summer, but I figure that if they use it to make sandals, it's fine. I just hope it doesn't rain!
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 76,061 Senior Member
    I like that dress. Sandals will be fine for the summer. As noted...they are sandals....not like you would be wearing them in the snow!
    Thanks all, I ordered them before I could change my mind or balk at the price. But I've tried on enough pairs of cheaper, painful shoes to know what works. I'm hoping they're as awesome as the reviews say.
  • conmamaconmama Registered User Posts: 4,317 Senior Member
    I think the color is perfect as the style. It will really let the dress stand out.
  • bookwormbookworm Registered User Posts: 8,809 Senior Member
    I really like the dress. You will get more use from the sandals, especially if they are comfortable
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Registered User Posts: 38,637 Senior Member
  • dietz199dietz199 Registered User Posts: 3,620 Senior Member
    Regarding my broken toe... it's the middle toe on the left foot. Regretfully I have experience with broken toes since I've had two in the past. @thumper I love those Kate Spade sneakers. D had sent a link to something similar. I have a pair of Taos sneakers which I'd already planned to wear for the non-picture/formal part of the evening. I can cut a small hole into the material right over the broken toe and relieve any pressure point issues. Luckily I'm wearing a long gown and most people won't notice the shoes. Well, at least I hope that's not the part most people will notice :).

All in all things are healing. Got myself one of those little kneeling roller thingies to get around the house and rest things as much as possible. BTW - the dog is NOT pleased with this change in my mode of mobility.

I was scheduled to go on a spa vacation starting next week. It's a very active place - long hikes, working out all day and eating excellent and healthy food in-between. I'd banked on that week taking care of a couple of pounds that seem to have found their way to me and glommed onto my midriff. Had to cancel those plans. Guess I'll have to go with a 'eat less' plan instead.

Harumpf.
  • mom60mom60 Registered User Posts: 8,195 Senior Member
    @dietz199 - that is disappointing. A spa vacation sounds wonderful. Wishing you a speedy healing.
    I’m in need of wedding shoe advice. The wedding isn’t till end of September but I figure I should start looking. My dress is long and burgundy in color. The wedding venue is basically a redwood forest grove. The reception area is concrete but it’s a short walk with a slight uphill path of dirt from ceremony to reception.
    What color shoe? Also suggestions of specific shoes would be appreciated. I’m open to a sandal or even a flat. Both bride and groom work for shoe companies and I’ve considered going that route of a Teva or Ugg(not a sheepskin boot).
    Thanks
    @mom60, I'd go with a well-cushioned flat for the dirt path and the concrete patio. With a long dress, you don't need heels (unless you like them), but you will need some cushion and support. With burgundy, you could wear silver, black, or even navy. Naot sells some nice sandals that are good for walking and dancing. They're not super dressy, but if that doesn't matter, they're very good quality.
This discussion has been closed.