Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Suggestions for finding summer housing in Boston for internship

13»

Replies to: Suggestions for finding summer housing in Boston for internship

• shawbridgeshawbridge Registered User Posts: 5,686 Senior Member
    @LakeCarnegie, I believe she knew someone whose brother was in the fraternity, but I will ask. The guys were very nice to her. Cleaned up a lot more than they would have.

Boston rent is quite high generally, including dorms. However, kids with apartments often sublet their rooms for the summer. I think the price on those can be lower, depending on how desperate they are to find someone.
  • ciervociervo Registered User Posts: 940 Member
    My daughter's sublet, found on Craiglist, was $1000/month plus utilities for a private room with A/C in a two bedroom apartment right at Davis Square on the Red Line. There are a lot of these single rooms in apartments or group houses available in Cambridge and Somerville for $800-1200/month. She looked at dorms, but they were more expensive, less conveniently located, often were shared rooms with no AC, and had no or limited cooking facilities.
    I did have to help her with the Craigslist listings, to sort out the real ones from the scams that were rampant that summer.
  • LakeCarnegieLakeCarnegie Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks ciervo. Our son has a possible sublet near his job for $1215. I am flooded that the rents are so high in Cambridge. His roommate will be paying that as well.
  • ciervociervo Registered User Posts: 940 Member
    @LakeCarnegie, if that one doesn't work out, I just came across a FB group called "Boston Housing, Rooms, Apartments, Sublets" that has a lot of activity. Look at the section called "Discussion".
This discussion has been closed.