Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Snow....again....in the northeast

thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 69,013 Senior Member
Here we go again...my area might get 12-18 inches. Guessing air travel will be snarled...and schools closed, and the like.

Anyone else?

Replies to: Snow....again....in the northeast

• ChoatieMomChoatieMom Registered User Posts: 4,316 Senior Member
    Stay safe, stay warm, @thumper1. Enjoy the beauty of it if not the inconvenience. I miss snow.
  • MomtofourkidsMomtofourkids Registered User Posts: 201 Junior Member
    Enough! Hoping it melts within a few days!
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte Registered User Posts: 110 Junior Member
    Yes! My part of New England is supposed to get hammered. My dog is at camp and I was supposed to pick her up Thursday, already rescheduled to Friday.

My mother and I were at Walmart today and it was no more crowded than usual.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 69,013 Senior Member
    I am heading to the grocery store to get the ingredients for tonight’s instant pot dinner! Can’t wait!
  • ConsolationConsolation Registered User Posts: 22,336 Senior Member
    Guess I'd better check our weather report! :D
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 34,656 Super Moderator
    @Consolation, 12-18 inches, starting mid-day Wednesday. Since we work from home and have no plans, I'm looking forward to the storm. Hannaford's was a zoo this morning!
  • Dancingmom518Dancingmom518 Registered User Posts: 171 Junior Member
    Another foot of snow expected in upstate NY. Will winter ever be over?
  • GRITS80GRITS80 Registered User Posts: 505 Member
    We're still running on generator from last week's storm. No telling what tomorrow's snow will do to the restoration timeline. We're always one of the last to get power back.
    edited March 6
    I just went to our local grocery store. It was fine...not crowded at all, and well stocked as usual.

The owner says they will be open until 3 tomorrow’s afternoon. I hope he goes home before that!

ETA...it’s gorgeous out...calm, sunny, even warmish...a real calm before the storm!
  • emilybeeemilybee Registered User Posts: 12,722 Senior Member
    12-18” where I am too. I went to grocery store earlier, but not because of the snow. Not crowded at all. We already cancelled our tennis for tomorrow, so I’ll just stay home and hopefully get through all of season two of Victoria.

Just came in from a long walk with my pups and a friend. So beautiful out. Very warm in the sun.
  • rosered55rosered55 Registered User Posts: 3,348 Senior Member
    What might have been part of the same weather system hit Wisconsin last night. It started with thundersnow (I do love thundersnow!) and the snowfall total was approximately six inches. I'm glad my older daughter got out of NYC this morning for a trip to a conference in the Southeast.
  • ourtownourtown Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    Up to 12" forecasted here. It's fine, I don't even do the classic pre-storm 3Bs -- "bread, batteries, and bottled water" -- trip to the supermarket, been in New England most of my life. Will make sure that my computer and phone stay plugged in and 100% charged, and we have plenty of batteries and candles in case some unfortunate tree comes down on a line somewhere on the grid (wires all underground on my street). Even have a couple of movies that I'd checked out of the library but we didn't see over the weekend, so can pop those in the portable DVD player and plug it in to my MacBook Air even without power. No work, no worries. Good luck everyone
  • GMC2918GMC2918 Registered User Posts: 912 Member
    I grew up in New England and miss those big storms. In NYC, where I live now, it seems as if the streets are fully plowed less than 24 hours after the storm. That sucks the magic right out of it!