right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Advice for a Costco Newbie

Replies to: Advice for a Costco Newbie

• jym626jym626 56068 replies2919 threads Senior Member
    @zeebamom - Zurich at Christmastime is magical. Highly recommend it.
    · Reply · Share
  • collage1collage1 1823 replies72 threads Senior Member
    My air is from 2012 and is really cranky. There's one at Best Buy on sale now and I was about to pull the trigger but $699?? I haven't seen one that low. I think I have a flyer but haven't looked at it yet. I guess it's time but thank you, @doschicos, for posting.
    · Reply · Share
  • doschicosdoschicos 21594 replies226 threads Senior Member
    It looks like the Apple Air is a Thanksgiving Day (11/28) "while they last" special. Not sure how restrictive and limited Costco makes these type of deals.

The Pro is a 11/29-12/2 deal.
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 56068 replies2919 threads Senior Member
    edited October 30
    Costco is closed on major holidays. Must be an online deal.
    edited October 30
    · Reply · Share
  • TiggerDadTiggerDad 1991 replies72 threads Senior Member
    psychmomma wrote: »
    I could win major points if I surprised my H with a 65” or larger tv. He would probably propose to me again if I bought him an 85” one! Lol!

On the other hand, I'd be in major trouble if I surprised my wife with a 65" tv...... and if I surprise her with an 85"....... :wink:
    · Reply · Share
  • arisamparisamp 1297 replies62 threads Senior Member
    Anyone here have experience with ordering furniture from Costco and using their White Glove delivery?
    · Reply · Share
  • LemonleeLemonlee 79 replies7 threads Junior Member
    edited October 30
    @arisamp We do and are extremely happy with the quality of their furniture and the white glove service.

I was initially extremely nervous about ordering furniture online but took the plunge. The white glove service delivers and installs it and takes all the boxes away. They’ve even come back at no charge when something needed to be tweaked.

We’ve since ordered two sets of bedroom furniture and a dining set from Costco and their quality is much higher than the other bedroom set we ordered from Macy’s.
    edited October 30
    · Reply · Share
    @doschicos, I came on to ask where you saw the Mac Air sale so I could get the dates and see you beat me to it. I'll try on Thanksgiving Day...I wonder if that means midnight Wednesday night or when, exactly, the price will drop. And I checked the two fliers I had stacked up on my desk but neither had the specials you mentioned. Did you receive a flyer in the mail?
    · Reply · Share
    OK, google was my friend and I found the flyer. I guess I'll start checking at 9 pm (midnight EST) on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving unless anyone has any knowledge about exactly when these types of one day sales start.
    · Reply · Share
  • doschicosdoschicos 21594 replies226 threads Senior Member
    @collage1 I looked at the flyer closely to see if there was any fine print explaining when it starts exactly in terms of hour and there wasn't.
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 23416 replies17 threads Senior Member
    Many times the online sales start at midnight where the headquarters is located, and I think Costco is in Washington state, but of course you should check.
    · Reply · Share
  • zeebamomzeebamom 1385 replies3 threads Senior Member
    @doschicos - I’ll post something about the trip when we get back. I’m hoping it meets my expectations
    · Reply · Share
  • zipyourlipszipyourlips 1412 replies27 threads Senior Member
    Tried a new product the other day: Egg white egg-bites with spinach, bell pepper and cheese from the refrigerated section. Four two-packs of muffin-shaped bites for about $10, so about $2.50 per breakfast. 90 seconds in the microwave, let stand for a minute, and eat. Delicious! The odd pricing (ending in .98) suggests it's in-store on a trial basis. I hope it stays!
    · Reply · Share
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn 39116 replies2147 threads Super Moderator
    Just received 90 pills from Costco for $56, cheaper than I expected. Before, 30 pills cost me $51 with insurance!
    · Reply · Share
  • deb922deb922 5763 replies195 threads Senior Member
    My neighbors did 3 tours in Germany (career army) . She always talks fondly about the Christmas markets. I’ve always wanted to go.

I also would love to hear about your December trip, it’s one I’ve really wanted to do.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 75544 replies3311 threads Senior Member
    We are not frequent international travelers, but we were in Brussels and Brugge in December, and the Christmas markets, and music, and light shows were so much fun! Our flight attendant neighbor says these are all over Europe.

A friend did a Viking Cruise one December that stopped in a number of places for the Christmas markets and she said it was great.
    · Reply · Share
  • ProfessorPlum168ProfessorPlum168 4170 replies90 threads Senior Member
    so apparently there's this viral fake coupon for Costco that's been going around Facebook (I rarely get on Facebook so I wouldn't know). Please do not repost the coupon.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/13/business/costco-coupon-scam-trnd/index.html
    · Reply · Share
  • mathmommathmom 32549 replies159 threads Senior Member
    I hate shopping at Costco - so dh does it. Even though there are only two of us we get TP and papertowels there. Plenty of room in the basement and they don't go bad. DH buys all his weird vitamins there. Also butter, bacon, steak (extras of all go in the freezer). Pecans at this time of year when we are making pies definitely worth it.
    · Reply · Share
  • 1Dreamer1Dreamer 535 replies3 threads Member
    I've been putting off replacing my laptop, but saw one in the Costco holiday flyer with the specs I need on a Black Friday sale at a great price.

Went to look at it on line and it says if you purchase a TV, PC, or appliance with a Costco Citi Visa (which I already have), they double the 2 year (1+1) warranty for an additional 2 years for a total of 4 years!

Between the price and the extended warranty, they've made me an offer I can't refuse. :smile: The one I have my eye on says "EarlyStart: Nov 28" and "while supplies last" so I'll be ordering early TG day just to be safe.

· Reply · Share