right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Legitimate Canadian Pharmacy for US RX's?

2»

Replies to: Legitimate Canadian Pharmacy for US RX's?

• allyphoeallyphoe 2286 replies54 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,340 Senior Member
    Have you confirmed (with insurance or your pharmacy) that the insurance-negotiated price is $600/mo? I've got HSA-eligible insurance, which requires that you meet your deductible before they pay for anything but the ACA-mandated 100% coverage items, and I pay significantly less than the cash price for prescriptions.
    · Reply · Share
  • OttermaOtterma 1500 replies29 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,529 Senior Member
    "No Rx is required"...And you don't find that kind of sketchy?
    @Nrdsb4 - You should research the particular drug in question before ordering but many drugs in the US require prescriptions for reasons that have zero to do with patient safety. I would personally be wary of Indian or Chinese based sites but for several years I bought allergy medicine from Canada that was OTC there while being prescription in the US.

On a related topic, for veterinary meds: petsofoz.net is an australian based site that I've used for flea and heartworm medicine. (Always get your dog tested for heartworm before starting them on the medication.) The prices are better than the marked-up prices at the vet's although chewy.com is sometimes cheaper and faster.
    · Reply · Share
  • greenwitchgreenwitch 8623 replies41 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,664 Senior Member
    @HImom - looking around on the Canada Pharmacy site, I realize there are now generic equivalent inhalers for Symbicort, Ventolin, Xopenex, etc. They are $20-$40, which is amazing.
    · Reply · Share
  • WellspringWellspring 1452 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,461 Senior Member
    Those asthma drugs should be available in generic form here but they're not. From what I understand the big pharmacy companies keep taking each other to court about it and getting delays of six months here, a year there. (I realize that's a simplistic description of what's going on.). As to the rescue inhaler, there used to be generics available in the US but when they had to get rid of the chlorofluorocarbons in the propellent the ones with the new propellent got the patent or trademark for x number years and the generics disappeared. (Again, an overly simplified explanation.)
    · Reply · Share