Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Legitimate Canadian Pharmacy for US RX's?

menloparkmommenloparkmom Registered User Posts: 12,915 Senior Member
Hi all,
I'm hoping someone here can point me to a real Canadian Pharmacy [ with English speaking Pharmacists please] that ships RX's directly to the US, and is NOT a front for a Phony Chinese or Indian or who knows were.com hoping to con vulnerable US citizens out of their $$.
Only those who have used the same Canadian RX for a long time and are very happy with the service please.
I've read too many stories about phony.com "pharmacies" that are supposedly located in Canada, but turn out to be fraudulent operations.

Replies to: Legitimate Canadian Pharmacy for US RX's?

• gitlecoeurgitlecoeur Registered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    We have had good experiences with Marks Marine Pharmacy in Vancouver.
  • WellspringWellspring Registered User Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    I get my asthma meds from canadianpharmacyworld.com. So far so good. I'm going to continue to get my asthma meds from them instead of through Medicare Part D because if I get it it through Part D I fall into the donut hole because there is no generic (why???).
  • alwaysamomalwaysamom Registered User Posts: 12,437 Senior Member
    edited January 1
    Canadian pharmacists are required to have a Canadian doctor approve an American prescription prior to filling and shipping the meds. If you find a Canadian online pharmacy that isn't doing that, they are doing so illegally.
  • greenwitchgreenwitch Registered User Posts: 8,640 Senior Member
    I've used canadapharmacy.com in the past. I didn't have any problems. Some of the generic meds come from India, but that is because they are both commonwealth nations.
  • geraniolgeraniol Registered User Posts: 163 Junior Member
    All pharmaceutical sold in Canada are approved through Health Canada and will have a DIN identifier on them if they're legitimate. (https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/drug-products/fact-sheets/drug-identification-number.html)

Canadian generic drugs are overwhelmingly made in Canada by one of the many generics companies in Quebec/Ontario. Wherever Canadian-sold drugs come from, be it India or any other country, it is not because of some "Commonwealth" relationship. The "Commonwealth" designator is just a sort of old-boys club of being able to claim the Queen/King as head of state, and has no other real meaning - it's not a trade alliance and where there are treaty relationships, it's probably a result of history. Health Canada approves all pharmaceuticals and regulates labelling - just because they come from a Commonwealth country doesn't mean they get a free pass.
  • gouf78gouf78 Registered User Posts: 7,712 Senior Member
    edited January 3
    Check out pharmacychecker.com
  • OttermaOtterma Registered User Posts: 1,526 Senior Member
    I've also used canadapharmacy.com. It was a while ago but I liked them.
  • GRITS80GRITS80 Registered User Posts: 573 Member
    This is interesting information. We've used NorthWest Pharmacy based on a doctor's referral. They aren't included in pharmacychecker in either the good or bad list. I wonder if I should consider switching to one of the approved pharmacies? I've never been aware of a Canadian doctor approving the rx nor have I seen a DIN number.
  • sherpasherpa Registered User Posts: 4,808 Senior Member
    ...and is NOT a front for a Phony Chinese or Indian or who knows were.com hoping to con vulnerable US citizens out of their $$.
    I don't understand this sentiment. While we buy most of our drugs through American pharmacies, for a few we get the best prices, by far, by purchasing from Asian sources. They aren't phony.
  • gouf78gouf78 Registered User Posts: 7,712 Senior Member
    edited January 3
    @sherpa—Chinese and Indian sites are notorious for counterfeit drugs. They are a huge scam business and dangerous to your health. Many operate posing as Canadian sources knowing Americans trust that.
  • HImomHImom Registered User Posts: 34,234 Senior Member
    Many respiratory patients I know have used AllDayChemist dot com in India for well over a decade with no complaints. They get a wide range of medications from them, including inhalers, antibiotics, retin A cream, and many other Rx. No Rx is required and they have taken the meds from US pharmacies and those they get in the mail from this firm and swear by the pharmacy.

More of the Respiratory patients I know fill their Rx at this mail order pharmacy than Canadian or other pharmacies, particularly when they are in the doughnut hole.

The customer service is good as well. I was curious so I did place an order with them years ago, for Zyrtec in pill form (before allergy meds were made over the counter), retin a cream and a few other things. I received my delivery promptly and it worked as well as the Zyrtec I’ve obtained from any other source. It was much cheaper than I would have paid for my copay, even after shipping and though I have excellent drug coverage.
  • menloparkmommenloparkmom Registered User Posts: 12,915 Senior Member
    edited January 4
    @sherpa
    I think you need to read this report
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/11/29/567229552/bad-drugs-are-a-major-global-problem-who-reports

and this one

https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-supplements/info-2016/counterfeit-prescription-drugs-rx.html

as well as this report

https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-to-find-an-online-pharmacy-you-can-trust-1123983

Canadian Pharmacies

Sometimes Americans order medications from Canada because they may be cheaper. Many of these pharmacies are approved by CIPA. However, not all online pharmacies with the name "Canada" are actually Canadian. The Canadian government has provided warnings to consumers and CIPA provides a full list of verified online pharmacies so that you can check if a Canadian pharmacy is verified.

Canadian Pharmacies

Sometimes Americans order medications from Canada because they may be cheaper. Many of these pharmacies are approved by CIPA. However, not all online pharmacies with the name "Canada" are actually Canadian. The Canadian government has provided warnings to consumers and CIPA provides a full list of verified online pharmacies so that you can check if a Canadian pharmacy is verified.
  • HImomHImom Registered User Posts: 34,234 Senior Member
    Thanks @menloparkmom. I guess it’s just really tough for the many who have so much trouble find affordable medications to treat them. Inhalers are very expensive, especially once folks reach the doughnut hole or if the medicine isn’t on the formulary. :-(
  • Nrdsb4Nrdsb4 Registered User Posts: 16,769 Senior Member
    No Rx is required

And you don't find that kind of sketchy?
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 39,251 Super Moderator
    This is timely. I screwed up and got an insurance plan through Anthem that doesn't have co-pays for meds. We have to meet our deductible (more than $6,000) before meds are paid for at all. :( So our local pharmacy will charge us $600 for a month supply of an acne med for middle kid. We can't afford that right now. I will look into a Canadian pharmacy after verifying it's legitimate.